Chapter Fifteen: "Y/N?" (Re-written)

(A/N): Okay. There was nothing wrong with my Besties version of this chapter. I just wanted to make it my own and I felt like having (Y/N) get her own place was too soon. Honestly I didn't really know how to continue after that. So here's this re-written one.

You sat up in the bed and rubbed your eyes tiredly. Early morning light shone through the blinds in Jonathan's room. You look around and notice that Jon was still asleep. 'I don't mean to bang and run.. But.. Sorry Jon.' You get out of his bed and pick your scattered clothes up from the floor, putting them on one by one. Finally, you grab your phone and wallet, shoving them into your pocket.

You walk out of Jonathan's house, making sure that you don't make any noise. You pass a few houses before stopping at a small park. You take a seat on one of the swings and peer up at the sky. The clouds were now turning into a light shade of pink and deep reds. You take your phone out of your pocket, feeling it buzz from a text.

120 Text messages,
34 missed calls,
And 27 voicemails,
All from Evan.

You scroll through the messages, only reading a few that catch your eye.

2:57 AM
Evan:
"If you don't come home, I'll call the cops!"

2:58 AM
Evan:
"(Y/N)! I swear to god, I will come find you and force you to come home!"

4:30 AM
Evan:
"Please."

6:35 AM
Evan:
"Look, I'm sorry! Please come home!"

The last thing you checked on your phone was a recent voicemail from him. Causing you to question your actions.

New voicemail
6:45 AM
Evan:
"Hey (Y/N).. *sniffle* I-I'm sorry. Just, please come home? *chokes up* I miss you."

You clench your phone in your hands tightly, causing your knuckles to turn white. You play the voicemail again. He sounds tired. And .. Sad? He's never sad. The only time he was legitimately sad was.. Was at mom and dad's --

"Y/N?" You heard Jonathan's voice question from up the street. You snapped your head in that direction and saw him walking towards the park. He saw you. You can't run. You slightly smiled up at him, but he didn't return it..

"Why?" He folded his arms across his chest. You cocked one eye brow and hummed in response. "Why'd you leave?" He grabbed the metal chains on your swing. "I just needed some air, Jon.. Is everything okay?" You tried to sound as innocent as possible, like you weren't ever planning on actually leaving. "That's bull shit." He laughed sarcastically and let go of the chains, turning his back to you. "I'm- I just.. Um." You racked your brain for an answer, but couldn't find one.

"Why can't you see that I'm madly in love with you..?" He mumbled almost to the point to where you couldn't hear it. "W-what?" You questioned and stood up. He turned around slowly with his hand over his mask. "I hope this shows you how much I love you.." He started to pull his mask up, showing his sharp jawline with a little bit of stubble, then his awfully familiar pair of lips, that you craved.

"J-Jon wait!" You put your hand over his and force him to stop before he could pull his mask over the brim of his nose. "You don't have to do this until your ready." You let your hand slide off of his. "I am ready, (Y/N)."

He slid the mask off.