Chapter 3

Chapter 3

---William's POV---

I was currently looking at the blonde in front of me. She was sleeping by my side. Her hair was spread out all over the pillow and she was snoring quite loudly. Sure, she was pretty and great in bed, probably the best I've ever had so far, but ever since I saw Alice, no one's beauty was good enough. Still, she came the closest and since I rejected Alice as my Luna, she will take that place. Maybe not as an actual Luna thing and supporting and helping the pack cause I don't know how well she will do at it. More of like, a sex buddy?

My thoughts returned to Alice. The look of hurt on her face as I threatened and rejected her. Every second of the day was filled with thoughts of her now. She was constantly on my mind. For once, when I thought about a girl, it wasn't about how to get her in bed. This time was about how to get her to actually love me and how I would spoil her with riches. But I was scared I guess. Not really sure. I think that's why I rejected her.

You ass! My wolf yelled at me.

You let your pride and power get in your head. We should have our mate by our side right now. And you had to screw it all up, didn't you. You had to go and make "love" to this slut right here! I hate you!

My wolf shut me out although I could still hear him whimpering for our mate to come back.

'Alpha!' my beta, Alex, Alice's brother, called in the mind link. His voice sounded hesitant and scared.

'What' I groaned back. I just wanted to rest. All this sex made me tired as hell. Man, this girl next to me was like a bunny on sugar.

'She-she's missing! She ran away!' he stuttered out his words. Ugh. Was he talking about the previous girl I got in bed? I saw them talking earlier. But nevertheless, I asked Alex who he was talking about.

'Who's missing?'

'Alice!'

Alice is missing? Oh... Wait. Alice!? Shit! Where did she go?!

'Get our best trackers to sniff her out!'

'Already on it, Alpha!'

I jumped out of the bed and ran out of the room. "Alex!" I called out. "Where is her room?" "Basement." He yelled back his reply. "Last cell on the right"

I paled. My wolf started cussing me out again, and this time, I didn't bother to tell him to shut it. The cells on the right were for the isolated prisoners. They were soundproofed and barred with silver lined windows. That cell that Alice was living in was the smallest, dirtiest cell in our whole land and let me tell you, we've had some pretty dirty cells before. This specific cell had no windows and was not soundproofed at all. It was sometimes used to make sure everyone outside their cells could hear what would happen if they did not cooperate. We never spilled blood inside, but some weapons used might've dripped silver onto the floor. The cell Alice supposedly lived in would barely be able to fit a shifted Beta wolf.

I rushed downstairs and burst into the basement. The door slammed open and rebounded off the wall. My eyes were frantic. She might be hiding somewhere in the basement right? She wouldn't be able to run away without proper nourishment and training, right? Sprinting towards the cell on the right side, I thought about my princess. Where could she be?

THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT! my wolf screamed at me. OUR MATE IS GONE BECAUSE OF YOU!

I shook my head as my wolf continued to rage. Prisoners looked scared as I slammed open their doors, but quickly closed them when I didn't see Alice inside. Finally, I got to the last cell in the basement. I busted down the door and found a note on her sheets

Dear Blood Moon Pack,

I have had enough. I'm done with being your slaves. You can try to but you won't ever find me. Maybe 1000 years later but not soon. Say goodbye to your slave. I'm leaving

To my "mate" William.

I only have 4 words:

I accept your rejection.

No, no, no. She must still be here in the pack territory. She must be. But inside, my wolf and I knew she did leave. She left the pack. She left me. I stared at the note in shock. I was slumped down on the ground when Alex entered. "William?" my beta came rushing over. "What happened?" I quietly handed him the note, silently preparing for the fury of the beta.

He read it over a few times then looked at me with pure anger. Red glints of fire seemed to appear in his eyes as he looked at me. Tears had bubbled up, but none slid down his face.

"HOW COULD YOU REJECT YOUR MATE? HOW COULD YOU HARM MY SISTER LIKE THIS! I'M POSITIVE THAT YOU ARE THE REASON SHE LEFT US! REJECTION IS THE WORST KIND OF HARM A WEREWOLF CAN RECIVE, AND YOU KNOW IT! SOME HAVE THEIR HEARTS BROKEN SO BADLY, THAT THEY COMMIT SUICIDE! IF SHE DIES OUT THERE IN THE WORLD, ILL NEVER FORGIVE YOU! I WILL KILL YOU WITH MY BARE HANDS!"

"I rejected her as a mate, as a Luna. But you rejected her as a sister. You abused your own family. How does that make you any better than me?" I asked, trying to control my rage.

He stormed out of the room, shaking in anger and grief. His wolf had started the transformation. I let him go. If I was in his position, I would probably kill me on the spot. I knew he was challenging my position as Alpha and also only thought of blaming me that second, but his situation was understandable. Plus, my wolf was too busy yelling at me and crying to really acknowledge the fact that by walking away and telling me off, Alex was challenging him.I knew what he felt like. I was wallowing in my own grief and pain. The pain was hopefully something Alice wasn't experiencing too bad. I knew she would experience some of it, but it won't be as bad for her.

Alice, my princess, I'll find you, no matter what. And when I find you, I'll protect you and never let you go. I'm sorry. I vowed in my head. My wolf growled angrily at my seemingly empty promise. If she'll accept you. And Princess? Ha. Like she'll believe that she's a princess after the way she's been treated here. I flinched at his tone. I will get her back, even if it's the last thing I do.