Chapter 4

They were stuck in their own world and for just one second, Jay gathered enough courage to lean in.

His forehead touches hers as they gazed into each other's eyes.

They've only done it a couple of times but, without hesitation, they just decided that there was nothing left to lose.

Simultaneously, they laid right hand on the other's right shoulder and pushed each other back.

A second later, they both stood up and did a series of hand gestures, smiling throughout the entire event.

With a turn and a fist bump, they ended it with jazz hands.

"Yasssss! You didn't mess up," Mal exclaimed!

Jay scoffed. "It's your fault I messed up the first few times. You made this hand shake way too complicated."

"Hey! Buddy! It takes two to tango."

"Luckily, we're not dancing."

Disgust graced Mal's features as she barked, "Ugh! You're impossible."

"Whatever! See you tomorrow." Jay smirked.

"Yeah, if you're still alive."

"I'm tougher than that."

"Yeah, let's see how long that lasts." She snorted as she placed her hands on her hips.

Jay's lips formed a thin line. He knew she was right. He always came crawling to her when he needed help. But he wasn't the only one; she did the same.

They had a system: an unbreakable one. Beaten and bruised, they'd always help each other out.

They certainly weren't friends; they were allies.

Still, it was a bond that wasn't worth shattering. Making an enemy of Mal was truly frowned upon and should never happen.

With a nod, he turned around and headed back to the shop. It was their silent thank you.

As he trudged his way back home,
series of possible punishments for him formed in his mind, making him paranoid.

When he neared the entrance of his father's shop, he could only hope that Jafar was calm. Naturally, he was wrong.

BANG!

It sounded like there was a riot going on in his house.

No matter how much his mind protested, his curious eyes got the better of him.

In that moment, Jafar was everything you ever feared.

He looked downright murderous. The usual wicked glint intensified with every passing second.