.fixed

in which
not everything is broken

'Josh?'
'...JOSH?'
I sighed, and pushed myself up out of bed. My feet sank into plush carpet, my hands reaching into a t-shirt to pull it over my head.
Suddenly, the sound of broken glass resounded around the house.
'Fucking hell, Harry.' I groaned. 'Here for one night, and you're already breaking things.'
When I stumbled into the kitchen, it took my eyes a minute to adjust to the unusually bright room.
Harry was stood by the counter, a load of broken glass by his feet.
There was blood on his hands.
'Harry... What the fuck have you done?' I asked, my eyes wide but still slightly clouded with sleep.
'...Dropped a glass.'
I groaned once more, dropped my head and stepped out of the kitchen to the hallway where my shoes were.
'Clean it up, bog.' I yelled through as I tied my laces.
'I tried! But then I cut my finger. I think my toe is bleeding, too.' I grinned slightly to myself at the worry in his voice.
'Here.' I skidded a dustpan across the floor from the cupboard in the hallway.
'Use this, gloves under the sink. Don't move- I'll grab your shoes.'
He nodded as I passed him his shoes as well, pulling them onto his feet and leaving them untied.
He scraped all the glass into a pile, and went to walk over to the sink. One of his feet pressed firmly onto the lace of his shoes, and he tripped, falling against the counter.
'Harry!' I yelled, hearing the loud noise from where I was tidying up in the kitchen. When I hurried into the kitchen, Harry was sat with misty eyes against the island.
'Oh, Harry.' I said in a low voice, leaning over to pull him up by the hand.
'I'm sorry.' he mumbled as I wrapped my arms around him. 'I should've stayed at home.'
'Nah, man, don't worry. I'm glad you're here- you're good company whilst everyone's away.' I pulled him out of the hug, but kept an arm at his waist in case he fell again. 'That is, when you aren't breaking things.'
I surveyed the damage in the room as Harry pressed a gentle hand against the back of his head.
'Not bleeding.' he murmured. I nodded, and helped him through to the lounge.
'I'm gonna go sort that ou-'
'Josh?' I stopped in the doorway and looked down at him.
'Can you leave the mess? I'll tidy it up. I'm still a bit shaky.'
I realised what he meant, and smiled. I walked over to sit by him, his small frame curled up in a corner of the couch.
When I sat down, Harry moved so he was cuddled into my side. I tensed at the movement, but relaxed when I realised he was comfortable.
'Thanks, Josh.' he mumbled. 'I don't know what I'd do without you.'

~~