Chapter 12 Pure Bliss

Start from the beginning

"What can I say, I love your cooking" Luka says, giving me a smile himself.

"You love my mother's cooking, it was her recipe" I then say.

"But you made it" He says.

I then let out a slight chuckle. "Thanks, so, how did Alpha training go, well, I mean besides running for your life, I'm guessing that part wasn't all that great" I say, Luka then shakes his head.

"No, it wasn't" Luka replies with another chuckle, then he stops and clears his throat. "It first it was hard, you know the training its self, the hiking, the hunting and all, it would've been hard for me already if I hadn't had all of those injuries, but I could handle that well. What was really tough, was being away from you. I hated it, my wolf would stay up hours throughout the night howling for you, and your Uncle was the same. then I started to tell myself that the fastest way to get back to you would not to be to focus on the pain or how hard it was, but rather to focus on my training, and getting done, so that I could come back home, so that's what I did."

"I was the same way Luka" I admit.

"How so SophieJane?" He then asks me.

"Well it all started a few days after you left, my wolf started howling every night before I would go to bed, so I went to see my Aunt and told her what was going on. She then explained to me that since only one of us was marked that was normal, even though a case such as ours hasn't happened for over two thousand years or so, but that wasn't the only thing going on. On full moons I found it very hard to keep a lid on my wolf, she wanted to take control and go after you, so she could claim you as our own, keep in mind this is when I was still shifting outside with the pack" I tell him, Luka nods. "But I had pretty good control over her, I'd bet I could hold her at bay until the morning, until...I trail off and shake my head.

"Why were you shifting last night in the bunker?" Asks Luka.

"Well, one night six months ago, I had just shifted and I was heading to the meeting valley along with the rest of the pack. I could feel that the pull of the moon was, to me at least stronger that month. I was wanting to go with the pack, but my wolf was wanting to go somewhere else, though I didn't know where. As the minutes ticked on, I was starting to struggle over keeping control, then suddenly the pull felt like it became stronger, the last thing I felt was my wolf bubble up from within me before it all went black. I mean I didn't even get to see where I was going, it just went black."

"Okay, what's so bad about that? Luka then asks.

"It wasn't that Luka, it was where my wolf and I ended up" I reply.

"Oh, well, where did you end up?" He asks.

"I'm getting there" I reply, lightly punching his arm. "Anyway when I came to, I didn't know where I was so I took a quick sniff of the air, but only a second later I heard a very low sounding growl and then took off running. I had ended up in the Heart of the Ruby Stone Pack grounds, my wolf was trying to sneak through to get to Bloodstone Canyon so that she could be with you. Then as I was running, trying to get away I felt a sharp pain shoot through the back of my hind leg, and then it all went black again. Like Misty, Beta Chris found me the next morning lying in the meadow, the wolf tor one of my hamstrings, but it was a quick fix. A few days of rest later, and I was back running around."

"Was it Ace" Luka asks through his slightly gritted teeth, I then shake my head.

"No, I don't think it was, if it was Ace, I think he'd get down on his knees and beg me to take him back, I think it was one of his other wolves" I tell him, and he relaxes. "Anyways, after I fully recovered, I told my Aunt and Shelby that I wanted to shift down in the bunker until you got back, and I've been shifting down there ever since."