"Speak again and I'll punch you in the boob."

I soon get bored of the all questions and accompanied giggling and decide to lay my head on the desk, to nap a little.

"Miss Clarke, if you want to sleep, sleep in your own time" The new guy coughs, to get my attention.

"This is my own time." I roll my eyes, sitting up. "Anyways, what is your name?"

"Mr Young. You would have known that if you had been listening."

I chuckle, "Oh, how ironic."

"Please remain concentrated."

"On all the girls giggling, blushing and gushing over you? Yeah, that's really a sight"

Mumbles of agreement come from the surrounding guys, with one blonde haired guy piping up in front of me, "For real girls, he's just a guy. You've got like, 20 others surrounding you."

"Yeah, but you're not him." Hayley sighs dreamily.

"You really make me sick sometimes, Hayley."

"Miss Clarke." Mr Young warns. "Stop talking,"

"Don't tell me what to do." I reply, crossing my arms.

"You just love getting all the attention don't you?" The same winy voice from earlier speaks up again.

I scan the row of students and finally locate her. "Speak again and I'll punch you in the boob."

"Keep going and you'll find yourself in detention." He warns.

"I'd rather stick needles in my eyes, than be alone in a room with you."

"I'd happily have detention with him any day, anytime." A girl a few seats away from me says.

"Some people would love to be in your shoes, spending time with the hot new teacher," Mr Young teases.

"Well I'm not some people, and i'm not blinded by your stupidly good looks."

"Well, you Miss Clarke, can stay behind after lesson to spend some quality good time with me and my stupidly good looks."

"Can I stay?" Hayley asks.

"I won't be staying." I mock-kindly reject his offer. Detention? The last time I went to one of those was when I was 13 - and that was because I heard there was going to be some left over free cake from one of the teachers' leaving party.

"You will and I will make sure of that."

"What are you going to do? Lock me in the classroom?"

"Don't test me, Miss Clarke."

On queue, the school bell rings to signal the end of this torturous period. I grab my bag and begin to get up. "Sit down, Miss Clarke."

"Or what?"

"Hilary, just do as he says." Hayley tugs at my arm so that I fall back into my seat. "It's only the first day, don't get into more trouble."

"What a wise friend you have there." Mr Young nods at Hayley as she walks past him to leave.

"Who asked you," I grunt.

***

After a couple of minutes of him struggling to get all the left over girls out of his classroom, he locks the door and turns to face me. Yep, he is literally locking me in his classroom.

"Do you hate me?"

"That's a strong word."

"Your attitude towards me is unacceptable, there must be some sort of personal distaste that you have towards me."