One

I slam my hand down on the beeping alarm clock, trying to stop the irritating noise it was making. However, that doesn't work so I pick it up and throw it across the room hearing it shatter loudly into small crystalline pieces. I groan and pull the covers over my head.

I am not ready to go back to school; I haven't had enough fun yet. I went to about a million parties, snuck into hundreds of over 21 bars and clubs, gotten myself so wasted to the extent where I couldn't even walk properly and on top of all that I have met a lot of amazing people and have made of couple of new long-lasting friendships, but I just feel like all that still isn't enough. I just wish my summer was like Phineas and Ferb's - never ending!

"Get up and get ready for school!" My mother screams from the bottom of the stairs. "It's 8:15!"

My eyes shoot open and I sit up. Crap! I am going to be late.

I fling the covers off of my warm body, rush into the bathroom and have the quickest shower ever known to man. After cleaning myself, i get dressed and run down the stairs into the kitchen where my Mom and Dad are talking quietly amongst themselves.

"Morning," I say breathlessly. I sit on the stool across from my Mom and pick up my cereal. I don't even bother pouring it out; I just dig my hand into the box and shove the tiny grains of corn into my mouth. I grab the glass of milk, pour it into my mouth and a little spills over unto my shirt. I crunch on the mouthful of cereal I have in my mouth eagerly and glance over towards the clock.

"Hilary, you have gotten it all over your shirt," my mom whines. She grabs a cloth and begins walking towards me. "Your 17 and I still have to wipe the sides of your mouth."

"She also needs new clothes, those are too tiny." My dad sighs, he drops the newspaper he is reading and shakes his head at me, "You should have told me you needed new clothes."

"Dad, these clothese fit me perfectly well." I gulp down the rest of my food and snatch the cloth out of my mom's hand. "It's a crop top, it's supposed to look like this."

I wipe the corners of my mouth and shirt, still anxiously looking over at the clock.

"Eager for school are we?" My mother teases - I smile sarcastically in response. She knows I hate school; I hate the pupils, the teachers and completely everything about it. I don't get why we have to learn half of the stuff we do in school, and the things they teach us in maths is ridiculous! Never. Ever. Put numbers and the alphabet in the same equation! That's just being stupid.

A loud honk comes from outside and I grab my bag. I give both my mom and dad a kiss on the cheek and run out of the room, but then I reverse, "Oh yeah, and I need a new alarm clock"

I run out over to my best friend's car and open the door, I slump into the passenger's seat and sigh in relief. "Ready for another year of school?" she askes excitedly.

"No." I mutter.

****

We'd been driving in silence for the past 5 minutes when Haley turns her head to look at me. "Have you heard?"

"Have I heard what?" I shrug.

"Apparently there's going to be a new teacher."

I roll my eyes. I am not surprised. We have new teachers every year, even she knows that so why is she getting so excited? "So is that why you've been grinning like the Cheshire cat this whole ride?"

"Yeah, I'm so excited. Hilary, he's so hot," she says fanning herself. "He's teaching chemistry, he might be our teacher!"

"I don't really care, and anyways have you seen him to know that he is as hot as you say he is?" I question. I don't get how some girls could get so excited over one boy, they'd paint their faces with every single piece of make-up and of every colour on the spectrum, waste endless amounts of money on clothes, and shoes just to impress some guy that won't even bother to stop and look their way.

"No, but I've been told."

I laugh humourlessly. "I'd so laugh if it was some old fat man."

"And I'd so cry if it was."

I roll my eyes, slip off my shoes and rest them on the dash board.

Ten minutes later we arrive at the school parking lots, and -not so surprisingly- there are hundreds of cars lined up next to each other. After a couple of minutes of searching for a free parking space, we finally find one - but it's only meters away from the teacher's parking lot. Great.

"I hope we don't run into Mrs jerk-face" I mutter.

"Mrs Rubinstern." Hilary corrects. She opens her door and steps out. I copy her actions.

"Whatever." I grumble. "What kind of name is that anyways? Sounds like one of the drinks I had at the last club we went to."

"I hope you haven't been going to any clubs during the summer or drinking illegally, Miss Clarke?" An annoying high-pitched female voice, who could have only belonged to Mrs jerk-face, asks from behind me.

I spin and give her one of my infamous sarcastic fake smiles. "No miss, I went around giving food to the homeless and helped look after the sick and needy. Oh! and I even dedicated a whole week to looking after the ants in my garden." I slam my door shut and begin walking towards the school doors with Hayley by my side.

"I don't want any of your trouble this year Miss Clarke. There's absolutely no way I'm having a repeat of last year." She warns, stopping me.

"Oh, do not worry miss." I say waving my hand dismissively. "Planting custard bombs in people's lockers was so last year. Although I did hear that cockroaches and spiders are the new thing."

She growls inwardly and curls her man-hands into fists. "Hilary-"

"We're going to have so much fun."

-----

This part has been grammatically moderated - additional criticism is needed and most welcome.

Most of the dialogue, the characters and the plot remains the same.

Please show me some support by voting or commenting, it keeps me writing :)