IX

The next morning, Karina awoke, feeling exhausted. She stood to her feet, freezing as she saw Leia standing in the doorway.

"Please forgive me." Karina said. "I never - "
"Luke explained to Han and I this morning." Leia said. "But that isn't why I'm here."

Leia stepped forward, placing a set of clothes into her hands. "You'll need these. There's a sand storm going on out there, and sand in the eyes doesn't feel good at all."

Karina laughed. "Thank you, I appreciate this."
She nodded. "Luke's outside waiting."

As she left, Karina pulled on the clothing items. The items were a pair of beige leggings, a brown tunic, and a facial wrap for the sand storm.

She wrapped it around her face, and she walked outside to see Luke.
"Are you ready?" He asked.
She nodded.

They began to walk towards the Falcon, and Luke looked at Han.

"We'll be there in a few days once the other ship arrives." Han told him. "You two be careful."
Luke nodded. "You, too."

Leia kissed Luke's cheek, and he smiled down at his sister before him and Karina hurried onto the ship, the two droids following behind.

Once the Falcon exited the outer rim, Luke looked over at Karina; who was curled up in the seat behind him.

"How did you sleep?"
She shrugged.

He exhaled. "I know this is hard for you. But believe me when I tell you that I'm going to do everything that I can."

She smiled. "To fix me, right?"
"I'm demolishing the dark side from you."

Karina sighed.

Luke turned back to the cockpit. "We'll be to Coruscant soon."
She nodded.

It was silent for a moment, but Karina broke it once she spoke.

"How did you feel when you saw me like that last night?" She asked.
Luke didn't look at her as he sat there.

"You knew what I felt and what I wanted to do." Luke replied, glancing over at her. "You said it yourself."

She lowered her eyes. "Do you hate me?"
Luke finally turned to look at her. "Karina, if I hated you, do you think I'd be helping you?"

She shook her head.

Luke smiled. "There you go."

Karina waited outside of the Falcon as Luke walked inside of the Temple. He arrived back minutes later, two women dressed in brown tunics beside him.

"This is Prayna and Gorin. They will take you for a skilling examination and get you clothing."

Karina nodded, following the two girls. Luke stayed behind, waiting.

Karina was lead into a chamber, where racks of clothing were.

"Go ahead and find what you're comfortable in." Prayna said. "We'll be outside to get your examination ready."

As the doors slid shut behind the two, she turned to the racks. She pulled down a thing of items before pulling them on.

She examined herself in the mirror, satisfied with her choice. She wore a brown under-suit, along with a red shoulder and neck piece, and a red hip piece. She pulled on the brown boots, eventually pulling her hair into a pony-tail.

She walked outside, and Gorin looked at her.

They lead Karina down the same corridor, and into a dark room.

"This is the skilling examination that's used through the Force. It will test your brain activity and how you react and use the Force as it surrounds you."

Prayna and Gorin walked towards the door. "If you pass the examination, you're skilled to become one of us."

Gorin slid the door open. "Your examination begins now. Take a seat and close your eyes, feel the Force around you."

As the door closed, the room became dark again.

Karina sank to the floor, pressing her hands against the cold and marble floor.

As she closed her eyes, it was in an instant when she could feel the Force flow around and through her. She inhaled slowly, focusing on the wavelengths of its movements.

She lifted one hand, using the Force at the same speed as the Force flowing around her. She used it steadily, and slowly.

Strong in you, the Force is.

Karina opened her eyes as the gruff voice echoed through the room. She made sure not to mess up her progress.

She swallowed, closing her eyes again.

"Yoda."

For over a thousand generations the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Rebellion. Before the dark times. . . Before the Empire.

As the examination ended, the Force disappeared, and Karina opened her eyes.

"Obi-Wan."

Prayna and Gorin neared Luke, who turned to them. Once they stopped, Luke exhaled.

"How was it?" He asked.

Prayna and Gorin looked at each other, and back at Luke.

"She passed the test."