22|| Percy

"Well, that was more exciting than I thought," Nico commented as Harry joined them at the Gryffindor table. He had finally been released from the hospital wing after being babied for four days by Madam Pomfrey.

"Tell me about it," Harry groaned. This was met with a chorus of nods.

They had already shared stories when Harry regained consciousness, filling in on what happened when and how that went and so forth. Now they all watched the other student's reactions, amused, and tried to guess who was thinking what.

Suddenly, there was a tiny zing! as excess lightning leapt to Thalia's metal utensils. "Shh," she said excitedly. "They're announcing the House Cup!"

Percy held his breath, smiling. The demigods really felt like wizards now. They really felt like a part of Hogwarts. No, he corrected himself. They were a part of Hogwarts.

Dumbledore's cleared his throat and waited for silence before beginning, "In fourth place, Gryffindor with 312 points."

The other tables clapped politely, although Malfoy was smirking at them and sticking his tongue out. He mildly resembled a constipated giraffe.

"In third place, Hufflepuff with 352 points. In second place, Ravenclaw with 426 points. And in first, Slytherin with 482 points," Dumbledore announced. Harry looked crestfallen, but unsurprised, as did all the other Gryffindors.

"But of course, recent events must be taken into account."

Faces, which had been turned to whisper fervently to their friends or to stare ruefully at the green and silver designs, snapped back to the old headmaster.

"First of all, to Annabeth Chase, Nico diAngelo, and Thalia Grace, for fighting logically and defeating several obstacles, I award them fifteen points each."

This was followed by loud clapping

"Next, to Ronald Weasley, for the best-played game of chess Hogwarts has ever seen, I award Gryffindor House thirty points."

The clapping was drowned out by murmurs.

"Third, to Hermione Granger, for use of resources and staying levelheaded in moments of panic, I award Gryffindor House ten points."

The murmur rose to a roar.

"Fourth, to Perseus Jackson, for fighting valiantly in the face of fear, I award Gryffindor thirty points."

The expressions of the Slytherins were priceless. Malfoy was looking at Dumbledore fearfully, worried for what would come next.

"Lastly, to Mr. Harry Potter—" at this, everyone fell silent— "For pure nerve and outstanding courage, I award Gryffindor house sixty points."

The cheer that erupted from the Great Hall then was deafening. Gryffindor was screaming their throats sore, and even Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff were overjoyed to see the downfall of Slytherin.

Percy could hardly hear what Dumbledore said next, but instantly the decorations changed from Slytherin themed to purely Gryffindor. Ah, to see scarlet and gold! It was beautiful but could've done with a touch of blue.

Percy turned around and hugged Annabeth, Nico, and Thalia. They smiled and looked around at the festivities around them (minus Slytherin table— they all looked horrified).

"Well, I think we succeeded this year," Annabeth whispered with a smile. They all agreed.

>>>•O•<<<

"So where are you going this summer?"

The train rattled as everyone pondered Ron's question.

"Oh, well, since we can't really go forward in time until the quest is over, we'll just be camping around in the woods randomly until school starts again, I guess," said Thalia.

"What? All summer?" Hermione stared at them, the chocolate frog in her hand melting in neglect.

"Well, yeah. We have magic tents that are pretty comfortable," Annabeth said.

Hermione and Ron frowned, but let the matter drop.

Finally, the train slowed to a halt.

"Well, see you next year, I guess," said Nico as they hauled their trunks down. Ron frowned again, lips pursed. Then he said, "you said you've got tents?"

"Yeah," Thalia said slowly.

"And you're not planning on doing anything, right?"

"Yep."

"Um... d'you wanna stay over at my place?" Ron asked quickly. "You can camp out in the fields in your tents if Mum doesn't let you stay in the house..."

For a moment, the four were too surprised to say anything.

"If you want," Ron added hastily. "And if Mum agrees."

"Agrees to what?" A voice asked. Ron turned around and his ears reddened at the sight of Mrs. Weasley. "If I agree to what?" She asked again.

"Would it be okay if they camped over at our place?" Ron muttered. "They've got tents to sleep in... just need a place to stay."

Mrs. Weasley' face immediately turned from suspicious to motherly. "Oh, of course!" She said immediately. "Of course you're welcome! Yes, in fact, please do! Oh, I'm sorry you don't have anywhere to go."

They grinned. "Thanks, Mrs. Weasley!" shouted Percy happily.

Mrs. Weasley laughed. "Oh, don't mention it. I'd be glad, especially after you defeated You-Know-Who with Ron."

"It was Harry..." Percy muttered.

"Well, there's Uncle Vernon," Harry said unhappily, looking at a car that pulled up. Percy followed his gaze and frowned at the red turnip-like man that approached them. "You're lucky you guys get to stay together," he said mournfully.

"Hurry up boy, we haven't got all day," Uncle Vernon spat before turning to them and glaring with distaste. He stormed back to the car.

"How lovely," Hermione said, shocked. "Have a good summer, then?"

"Oh I will," Harry said with a devilish grin that rivaled the Stoll's. "Dudley doesn't know we're not allowed to use magic. I'm going to have a lot of fun this summer..."

They all laughed. "We'll write," Ron promised. Harry gave them one last grin before trudging into the car that had two other turnip-people in it.

"Oh, there's my parents" Hermione locked her gaze on a couple looking at the barrier that led to Platform 9 3/4 in awe. "See you next year!"

They waved after Hermione.

"Fred? George? Percy?" Mrs. Weasley called to the older Gryffindors.

"Ma'am, I'm right here," Percy said, oblivious to Percy Weasley approaching them.

"Oh, sorry. I meant my son, Percy. Your prefect, I believe?"

"Oh. I knew that," Percy (Jackson) said, embarrassed.

"Ready to go, dears? Ginny's waiting."

They all loaded in the car (which was much bigger than it appeared) and drove off to their second year in the world of magic.

|| End of Book 1 ||