19|| Thalia

"What happened in your third year?"

The seven were sitting by the lake, notes spread around. Percy had suggested studying for the exams by the lake, which they all agreed too. No one else was there, the majority of Hogwarts indoors, in the library or the common rooms. Hermione was still slightly embarrassed about how she acted, but got over it as no one really wanted to linger on it.

"Ah. That year," Percy said mysteriously. "This is when Nico comes in."

"Oh gods, no," Nico groaned, face in his hands.

"So, Thalia, Annabeth, and I were called for help by Grover, our friend from our first quest. He was at Nico and... Bianca's school, and he was trying to bring them to Camp Half-Blood. They didn't know they were half bloods yet." Percy started.

"Bianca?" Hermione asked. Nico's expression turned void of emotion.

"She's my sister. She's moved on to a new life," he said.

"Oh," said Hermione in a small voice.

"So, there's this monster that kidnaps them. I can't find Annabeth or Thalia, so I follow them. The monster attacks me— turns out it's a manticore— and Annabeth, Thalia, and Grover come help. While we're attacking, the hunters of Artemis appear and help us. They wound the manticore, and he tries to escape, but Annabeth tackles him."

At this, Harry and Ron looked at Annabeth like she's crazy.

"They go over the edge of the cliff and disappear. Like, they vanish. Teleported, or something." Thalia said.

"I don't remember much. I got knocked out when we hit the rocks," Annabeth said to their questioning looks.

"So, the Hunters of Artemis— an immortal group of maidens that serve Lady Artemis for eternity— save us and interrogate us," Percy continued. "Lady Artemis herself talks to me, then summons Bianca. Bianca chooses to join the hunters, then Artemis goes off to hunt a monster with unbelievable power, leaving Zoë Nightshade, the leader, in charge. Nico, Thalia, the hunters, and I hitch a ride with Apollo on the sun, and Thalia—" Percy was cut off by a sudden electrocution.

"We arrive in Camp Half-Blood," Thalia said shortly. Nico and Percy are failing to contain their laughter, recalling Thalia's attempt to drive. "Mr. D said Annabeth could be alive, but he and Chiron refuse to let Percy and I rescue Annabeth, which makes us mad."

Annabeth glared at the sky. "Really, Dionysus?" She muttered.

"So after a not-so-friendly friendly game of Capture the flag with the hunters, Thalia and I have a... small argument. Thalia electrocuted me and I almost dumped the entire river on Thalia. Unfortunately, we didn't get to finish," Percy said, with a playful glare at Thalia.

"The Oracle gave us a prophecy. It went like this: Five shall go west to the goddess in chains, One shall be lost in the land without rain, The bane of Olympus shows the trail, Campers and Hunters combined prevail, The Titan's curse must one withstand, And one shall perish by a parent's hand."

Hermione gaped. "That's terrible! So the people who went on the quest basically had a death sentence! One shall be lost in the land without rain, one shall perish by a parent's hand. Why would someone kill their kid?"

"So, I get a vision about Annabeth. I'll let her take over this part." Percy said, looking at Annabeth.

Annabeth winced, remembering the memory. "When I regain consciousness, I'm in a cave or something. I see Luke—"

"the traitor," Harry remembered from the previous stories of their quests. Annabeth, Percy, and Thalia scowled.

"Yes him. So I see him holding the sky, and he begs me to help him. I do, because I don't think I registered he was evil at that point. Then he walks away, and I'm trapped under the sky." Annabeth shuddered. "It felt like my bones were melting."