20|| Nico

Nico sighed and shifted his notes. If they had to do a quest, couldn't it be an easy one? Nine more years of this!

Annabeth was still studying with Hermione, even though those two were the least likely to fail. Harry, Ron, and Percy were growing closer every day, hanging out more often than not. Annabeth didn't mind, as long as Percy spent time with her.

Thalia groaned and leaned back into the plush red armchair. "Can we go outside now?" She whined. "It's been forever since I've been in the woods."

"The Forbidden Forest is called the forbidden forest for a reason," Annabeth reminded her.

"I can't take in any more information," Ron complained. "Especially since I'm still processing your lives."

Hermione sat up straighter, struck by a thought. "Why are you here? I mean, why come to Hogwarts? If you don't have magical blood in you, why attend here?"

The demigods glanced at each other. "Uh, this is a quest. We need to learn magic in order to complete the first step," Annabeth said.

Smart move. Nico figured the trio wouldn't appreciate having "security guards" around them constantly.

"Oh. What's the next step of your quest, then?" Hermione inquired.

"We don't know yet. It's safer to keep our knowledge limited until needed, in case of a slip up. This quest is very secretive," Thalia improvised.

"That makes sense, I guess," Hermione said reluctantly. "But why you four? According to your quests, you've gone through so much already. You deserve a break."

"Tell that to Chiron." Percy made a face. "We saved the entire freaking world twice. You'd think that would be enough for the gods, but nooo. We get sent here for who knows how long."

"And to make matters worse, we still need to take these tests!" Nico grumbled.

"Please. These tests are for eleven year olds. I think you can handle it," Annabeth said, rolling her eyes.

Percy sighed dramatically. "Oh, she'll never understand the pain of learning," he told Harry sadly.

>>>•O•<<<

The seven left History of Magic feeling extremely relieved. Hermione wanted to go over the answers after, but was shot down by two wizards and four demigods. So they collapsed under the tree by the lake and watched the Giant Squid lazily float along the surface.

Harry was uncomfortably rubbing his scar. Nico winced. His scar seemed to do what the cloak of Death did; it had a slight death vibe to it. Although it seemed to be bothering Harry a lot more than Nico, so the son of Hades kept silent.

"I wish I knew what this means!" Harry exploded suddenly. "My scar keep hurting— more often than before now." He groaned. The skin around the scar turned slightly red from his rubbing.

"Does it hurt more and more? Because that backpack Ares gave me got heavier and heavier the nearer I got to Hades' Palace," Percy suggested.

"Yeah— I feel like it's a warning— like danger's coming..." Harry trailed off, suddenly extremely worried. Nico could tell his mind was whirling at a thousand miles per hour. "oh no..."

He jumped up and started sprinting to Hagrid's hut. The demigods were on their feet instantly, but Ron and Hermione stumbled to catch up. "Quick! We need to see Hagrid now." Harry ran faster.

"Why?" Ron panted beside him.

"Don't you think it's a bit odd that what Hagrid wants more than anything else is a dragon, and the stranger he ran into happens to have one in his pocket? How many people wander around with illegal eggs in their pockets?  Lucky they found Hagrid, don't you think?" Harry said in one breath as they neared the gamekeeper's hut. Nico's brain was buzzing too. It was so obvious! How had they missed it before?