chapter 14

*Dan's POV*

After Phil walked out the door I leaned up against it. I felt empty and sad right after he was gone. He made things fun, and there was noise in the house while he was here. Now it was just complete dead silence, which I'm used to since my parents are always working and I'm always home alone.

I did not want him to leave but he probably wanted to. I pondered if I should do what I was about to do but suddenly I turned around and swung the door open and yelled "Phil!"

He was walking on the sidewalk before he turned around and answered

"Yeah?"

I sighed, thankfully he was not gone yet. He Looked at me with a confused expression.

"Sorry- uh do you maybe wanna hang out again next Friday or something?" I said and laughed nervously.

He smiled "Yeah sure."

I smiled back "Cool. See you on Monday."

"Cya." He waved and then started to walk down the sidewalk again. I watched him leave until I no longer could see him anymore. I closed the door and went up the stairs to my room back in complete silence.

~~~~~~~

The weekend went by quickly and soon enough I was waking up at the crack of dawn again to get ready for school.

I did my usual routine and then headed downstairs. My mum had already left for work but my dad what standing in the kitchen. I didn't know he was gonna be home "oh hi dad."

He turned around and looked at me, I could tell he was judging my outfit.

"Hello Daniel."

He turned back around to whatever he was making before speaking again, "would you like some breakfast?"

"Uh no thanks. I'm gonna leave for school now. Bye." I walked out of the kitchen and opened the door. I closed it behind me and walked down my sidewalk before stopping abruptly and staring at a car parked right in front of my house.

The window to the drivers seat rolled down and soon enough a head popped out.

"Heeeeeyyyy." Phil smiled.

I laughed when i saw who it was.

"Get in princess."

I walked over the the other side of the car, blushing on the way, and opened the door to get in.

"Hi." I said and closed the door after sitting down.

I looked out past his window and saw my dad open the door and look out at the car. Phil pulled away and I look away quickly and sigh while putting my seatbelt on.

"You didn't have to pick me up. I don't want you to waste your gas." I say.

"I know."

I look down and play with my fingers.

"But I wanted to."

I look over and he's smiling. I smile back and then look out the window. He turns the radio on but not so loud, mostly for background noise. We were having small talk but it was still nice and not as awkward as it would be if I was having small talk with someone else. We pull up to the school and he pulls into his parking spot. He sighs and looks over at me while pulling out his keys.