chapter 9

*Phil's POV*

The day after the party I was very anxious.

I woke up and everything that happened came back to me.

"Oh god"

I got out of bed and went into the bathroom to splash some water on my face.

"I gave him my number"

It's not like I was drunk and gave him my number, I was just feeling overconfident.

What if he never texts?

I just have to distract myself from this constant reminder for the day. So I did what any human would do and I stayed inside and played video games all day.

~~~~~~~

The time had really gone by fast. Soon after I had ended another battle with a win, I checked the time.

10:45.

I then sat there and remembered what I had been waiting for all day. I sighed and leaned back in my chair, looking up at my bedroom ceiling.

'Was it just a mistake?'

'Maybe I was just imagining things'

Before any other thoughts popped into my already damaged brain I heard a

'Ding'

I snapped my head to the right and got up from my chair, walking over to my bed. I picked up my phone and turned it on.

'New message from unknown number'

I opened it and it read:

"Hi, it's Dan. You gave me your number."

I smiled and begin to type a reply

"Hi Dan, it's Phil :)"

I sent it, then flopped down onto my bed.

The next few messages were the usual:

"How are you?"

"What's up?"

And the other usual questions people ask each other.

I started noticing around 11:00 that his replies were taking a little longer and were shorter than before.

To Dan:
"Are you tired? You can go to bed, it's getting late"

From Dan:
"But I like taking to you"

To Dan:
"Go to sleep, love"

From Dan:
"Okay, I will"

I looked at his message but before I could reply he sent another

From Dan:
"11:11 make a wish"

I smiled at that. Then I made my wish.

To Dan:
"Thanks. I did."

From Dan:
"Goodnight, Phil"

To Dan:
"Goodnight Dan"

~~~~~~~

I woke up the next morning and made my way to the shower. Afterwards I blow dried my hair and then put on some black skinny jeans and a dark blue t-shirt. I brushed my teeth, straightened my hair, grabbed my phone and my backpack, then was out the door for school.

The drive there isn't that long and soon enough I pulled up to the school. My group of friends were outside of the building, talking. I got out of my car and walked over to them.

"Hey Phil"

"What's up Philip?"

"Heeeeyyy"

All of those came from my group of friends.

"Hey" I replied back

School doesn't start in another 15 minutes so we usually just chill outside of the building and talk in the morning.

We were all just talking and then I turned my gaze to see my favorite lilac prince with his signature pink flower crown walking to the entrance of the building.

"Hey guys I'm gonna go in early today I uh- I have to work on a project. I forgot about it!"

I said, and Andrew gave me a look that said he knew exactly why I wanted to go in the building.

I walked away and while I was walking Andrew yelled to me

"You'll do great Phil! Good luck, you'll ace it!"

I turned around and gave Andrew a small smile before turning back and walking through the doors to the school.

'Now where is Dan's locker?'

~~~~~~~~~~~

hello! i have a question,
do you prefer dan's pov, phil's pov, or both?

if you prefer dan's comment here!

if you prefer phil's comment here!

if you like both comment here!

anyways, thank you for the support! hope you liked the chapter. more to come. :)

xo, em.