Chapter 2

Flashbacks 8 months ago

I could still remember Graduation day when Nate asked me to marry him. It was a surreal feeling something I had never expected him to do at least not in front of everybody. My parents were shocked beyond reality about the proposal. But they had every right to be they knew nothing about Nate's and I's relationship and I thought I would be able to wait until I told them I was traveling instead of going to college. So not to cause a bigger display they waited until I returned home from dinner with my friends to blow up and that they did. I walked threw the door to being yelled for.

"ATHENA" My parent yelled together. Holding my head high I walked into the T.V. room where they were standing pacing the floor. "Yes" My mother looks up first "How could you not tell us that you had a boyfriend before now? Also that he was your TEACHER how could you! I did not raise you to be this way nothing is right about what is going on. How long has this been going on, when were you going to tell us and everyone else that you are in a relationship with your TEACHER? This make us look bad to this town. Now explain before I call the cops and have him put in jail for this stunt and for you, I have half a mind to send you to a collage in another country and figure some way for him to never find you even if you need surgery to accomplish that. Now what do you have to say for yourself?"

I was stunned for a few moments taking everything my mother had said in and it was a lot. How was I supposed to respond to something like that!

"OK, I can explain but you have to listen and not interrupted me?"

They both nodded their heads for me to continue. Breathing in deep and placing myself on the sofa I started to tell them everything from the first time I meet him at work to the senior trip all the way to graduation. By time I was done their jaws were hanging on the floor, sitting there quietly waiting for everything I just told them to sink in. After about 10 minutes their jaws were clamped shut with a angry look on their faces, lips in a hard line. I wanted so bad to just get up and leave the room and be done with it, I could feel their stairs on me and if I could turn into an ant I would just to get away from their looks.

KNOCK, KNOCK

Yes saved by the door, I rushed out of the TV room to answer the front door but as my luck would have it there standing in all of his glory was Nate. This was not a good time and I think he could tell by the look in my eyes. I felt sad at the moment that my parents reacted this way about him. But I guess I can see their point. I was there only child even if they aren't home all the time they still love me to a point, I'm still there little girl.

He took me into his arms and I was comforted by him being here even if it was not a good time. I hugged him back with everything I had, I felt like I need to hold on to him to keep him with me at this point. My parent had scared me a little bit when they said they were going to send him to jail, but I know that they couldn't do that there is no reason for it anyways.

"Is everything OK baby?" he whispered into my hair. "Yeah my parent are just blowing there stacks about the engagement that is all. I had to tell them everything!" He pulls back to look into my eyes and nods his head in understanding, "everything will work out and be OK!" Giving him a smile and nodding my head in response, I took his hand and lead him to the TV room. We just turned the corner in to the room and all hell broke loss again. My mother was in tears and my father had finally stopped pacing around the room, his eyes were trained on Nate. Before I knew it my father had launched himself on to Nate, of course he did nothing to Nate as hurting him anyways but the thought of what my father was doing made me want to be sick. You could hear my father screaming and yell while throwing punches at him. Trying again and again to get my father off of him was futile nothing was working. "Mom make him stop" I yell at her she did nothing but cry harder. Looking back at them I could tell that Nate was not trying but just letting him continue hitting him, rolling my eyes at that and trying again to remove my father.

Finally feed up with it I screamed at the top of my lung. Once I stop the whole room was quit, taking a hold of my father arms getting him off Nate, pushing him into the sofa. Seeing out of the corner of my eye Nate was back on his feet straightening his cloths out, not a scratch or mark on his face. Quickly getting my mom on to the sofa as well, she had stopped crying but was still breathing hard.

My mother had gotten her breathing back to normal; lifting her head she met my eyes and then Nate's. I could not tell what she was thinking but it did not seem bad because she had a slight sparkle to her eyes and it was not from crying. She was holding Nate focus threw eye contact. With a small smile on her face "You will take care of her right and you love her even if you have not been together long!" With a large smile "Yes to both" he replayed. My heart started to beat faster not understand what my mother was trying to do but I was happy that just maybe she had come to terms with what we had decided.

She jumped up giving us a hug and started rambling on about planning the wedding, with my dad still fuming over the topic. I got out of my shocked state from my mother and walked over to my father engulfing him in a tight hug whisper "Everything will be OK and I'm still your little girl nothing will ever change that." I pulled back to see a small smile on his face but he still would not look at me.