"Yes, my Lord." The butler bowed gracefully. Ciel nodded and beckoned Sebastian toward him, and he obliged willingly, standing again solitarily behind his master.

You sat there, incredulously, wondering what Ciel was getting at, but you bit your tongue and willed yourself not to speak unless spoken to, something your father told you respectable women had to do, and something you had never followed. You considered yourself respectable enough for simply being who you were. Customs were customs. True worth came from your soul, who you could be internally. Actions changed over the centuries, pride and honor did not.

"So, [Y/N], now that we're all generally acquainted, let me finally honor your wish. I shall inform you why it is I have summoned you here." Your eyes darted momentarily again to Sebastian's. You swore his mouth twitched into a smile again at the mentioning of the term. 'Summoned.'

You nodded curtly. You burned with an angry desire to know what he had meant. He did not answer your question. That was not respectable, you thought. Still, you were a guest, in any sort of way, and this was not your game to lead, it was someone else's, it was Ciel's.

"Excellent!" He smiled, and gestured for his butler to sit down, so that he too, was facing you. You felt an odd sensation as he joined the two of you at the table, as though it was preferred yet unusual for a servant to act as an equal during a meeting at the Phantomhive Manor. Something about Sebastian Michaelis seemed not to fit the usual definition of a 'servant'. "Well, I guess I should start by addressing the term by which I called you."

Your chest flared with a soaring excitement that lasted only a short moment as a wave of relief washed over you. He was going to answer your question first after all. At least after that you could have more patience, and focus better on the other information. "Yes, I think that would be wonderful." You replied with a small smile. "Thank you."

"Absolutely, Your Highness." You felt your face flush as he said that. Oddly enough, you were complimented by a recognized title being used to address you.

"Are you aware of the Ripper Case that was the talk of the East End recently?" Ciel began, dusting off his sleeve in a bored sort of way.

"You mean the man who killed all of those women? The one that terrorized the poverty stricken area on the other side of the city? Jack? Jack the Ripper?" You actually were quite well versed in political happenings, especially those with a sinister origin. Your family did have a particularly violent history.

"Yes, that would be what I was referring to." Ciel replied. He leaned forward again, regaining interest in the conversation. "Did you know he was never caught?"

"He?" You replied in a dubious sort of way. "How do you know it was a man? Or one person? I think it was more likely than not a woman. Or who knows, maybe it was a team. I don't believe they weren't caught either, regardless of what Scotland Yard says. My father always told me that there was an underbelly to this city and that certain families headed it up. Isn't that what you called me here for?"

You had tried to keep calm, and had done your best to remain composed, but like always, your impatience compromised your self control. For a split-second, you were afraid, afraid of what might have occurred since you spoke out, revealed what you knew about the Phantomhives. It wasn't that big of an indicator to the average listener if they had overheard the conversation, but to Ciel and Sebastian, it was indicative of a secret shared knowledge that deemed you a liability to both of your parentages.

To your surprise and relief, the Earl threw back his head, and laughed. "What a statement!" He turned again to his butler. "This should take a lot less time than I had thought."