"We could always get to call Cas, I'm sure he'd be glad to help." Sam suggested and you nodded your head.

"Sounds like the best idea- besides, I'm getting to meet a real angel, not to mention Castiel himself, how cool is that huh?" you grinned, trying to cheer them up and succeeding.

Dean chuckled rolling his eyes playfully "Isn't anything special though."

"Are you kidding me? Excuse me but I'd like to call myself a proud Castiel-girl, I am allowed to fangirl as much as I want when it comes to meeting my favorite character." you shrugged at him and he smirked slightly, raising an eyebrow at you.

"Favorite character huh? Am I supposed to feel offended by that or...?"

"Ha you'd wish Winchester." you smacked his shoulder playfully, looking away from him "If anyone should be offended that's Sammy!" you winked at the younger Winchester who laughed at you. It couldn't be any more obvious to himself at how much you were teasing his brother, and just ow much Dean believed everything at that.

"Wh-what?" his eyebrows shot up and you bit the inside of your cheek to keep yourself from laughing.

Luckily you didn't have the chance to say anything as Sam spoke up "Alright, yeah when you're done- I need to get changed. I'll call Cas on the way and once we're done we'll call to inform you."

"Don't forget to, got it?" Dean was fast to speak up and with a roll of his eyes Sam brushed him off.

"Sure sure, as long as you don't get to butt answer and I hear you two's happy noises." he made a face, grabbing his bag and walking straight into the bathroom.

Of course Sam meant it playfully, maybe even wanted to tease you or Dean, but it certainly was past that. Both your and Dean's eyes widened and your heads snapped to each other's direction. You felt your stomach tighten in knots and the same uncomfortable feeling set inside you. Your cheeks flame up and you could swear you almost saw a blush creep up his neck and cheeks, something you got to see for the first time actually when it came to Dean Winchester. His eyes stared at you with so much intensity you felt so uncomfortable in your clothes, goosebumps forming all over your skin.

"I'll uh- I'll go get some ice, you never- you never know." he murmured grabbing a small bucket that was next to the mini-fridge and all-but-running out of the motel room.

'What the hell?' you thought to yourself, your eyes still wide.

~*~

"Did you have a fight or something?" you asked slightly teasing as you looked up from Sam's computer that he had sokindly lended to you.

"What? No I- No, (Y/n). It's ok, I've got it under control." he gave you a small smile.

"Oh." you nodded your head "Cause I thought you encountered some polar bear that wanted to defend her ice cubs and it took you so much time." you shrugged and his eyebrows shot up when he got it.

"Oh. Oh!" he chuckled, looking down for a second "Yeah no, no such thing." he shook his head.

"...Then what?" you whispered, for some reason you really wanted to know what was bothering him because although you had a suspicion it was the Mark you needed to be sure. You wanted to offer him as much support as you could.

"It's- it's hard to explain (Y/n)." he mumbled, avoiding eye contact with you.

"You could always try?" you suggested a little hopefully and this time he looked at you, but the fear you saw in his eyes shook you to the core. Not just because you could see it yourself but because Dean let you see, and that practically never happened with him.