Chapter~9

Potions class was slowly coming to an end, most of the partners had a clear(ish) vial that claimed to heal boils. Professor Snape went around the dark room, looking and in most cases, scowling at the potions of Gryffindor and Slytherin students.

"Longbottom! What is that?" Snape sneered at the lumpy boy. Evana and her classmates looked up. Neville was looking at Snape's feet and his partner, Dean Thomas, was smuggling laughter.

"My-my potions, Sir." Neville stuttered.

"Potion! What kind of potion is this? An infant can do better!" Snape scolded. The Slytherins laughed.

Dean's laughing became harder and harder. "Mr. Thomas Ten points from Gryffindor!" Snape snapped.

"But, sir-" Dean tried, Snape held his hand up.

"For poor potions skills and poor partnership!" Snape said, vanishing their potion. "Clean up!" As the Gryffindor boys cleaned up their mess, the potion master swept around the class, selecting the clear potions. Blaise and Evana's was the first potion to be chosen. They smirked.

"Well done to those which have been taken. To those who hasn't, you have done poorly." The greasy haired man glared at all the Gryffindor boys and some girls.

The bell ran through the dungeon, last period, flying with Gryffindor. Snape waited for the bell to stop.

"I shall give you your grades by next lesson." And he swept out of the room, all the children filed neatly out of the corridor, they walked slowly to the pitch. October was almost here and Hogwarts was starting to get cold.

"Didn't realize you were so good at potions!" Sophia said to Evana, who Snape had specifically highlighted her talent.

"Thanks, Soph, it's my best subject I think." Evana thanks Sophia with a warm and friendly smile.

"How, Soph? She is the best in every lesson, she even beats the Ravenclaws!" Milli says, laughing.

"Except I can't imagine her being good at Care Magical Creature, I still can't get over the fact you ran away from Hagrid's disgusting creatures that escaped, ah Evana, you're the best!" Pansy giggled.

"Thanks you guys. It's really nice you all said that." Evana says shyly and blushing, she wasn't used to compliments.

"It's no lie! Wait are you, Miss Lestrange blushing?" Daphne asks, smiling ear to ear, Evana hides her face in her robes, and everyone laughs. They arrive at the lesson after everyone else, madame hooch doesn't notice them slip into the line.

"Why are you late?" Blaise whispers to Evana.

"We got held back, talking too much." Evana giggled. Blaise made a face.

"Did you just giggle?" He questions looking suspicious.

"Maybe..." Evana laughs.

"Alright everyone say up placing your left arm, or right if you are left handed (Evana is) above your broom." Madam Hooch instructed.

The was a ton of ups and Harry Potter got his broom up, quickly followed by a surprised Evana, then Draco. Blaise looking at Evana he was surprised too but his broom stayed on the ground. Evana noticed some second years with professor Flitwick in the stands and some third years with professor Sinstra looking at the sky.

Some students were looking at the first years, Evana saw Fred and George wave like goons to the youngest Weasley brother. She laughed to herself, silently wishing she had a family like that.

She also noticed Ethan and Jamie, two boys she became close with, and waved when they waved at her.

"Now that everyone has their broom up, I want you to hover and place your foot back down after a moment!" Hooch shouted. Suddenly Neville floated up, he didn't intend to it just happened. He started to rise higher and higher until Madam Hooch shouted: "Mr Longbottom! Come Down! Mr Longbottom!"

Neville's broom rose higher and higher and it flew him in all directions, all the students have dropped their brooms and wandered to Madam Hooch, who was yelling Neville to come down.

The other students of third and second year abandoned their lessons to watch the poor boy too. His broom was jerking everywhere and he got caught on a pitchfork, suddenly he fell down, cries escaped his mouth.

"Blaise, will he be alright?" Evana asked Blaise, his eyebrows are raised at Evan's evident feelings for Neville's welfare.

"Yes, yes." He muttered. Madam Hooch rushed Neville to the Hospital Wing and warned the students if anyone flies they will be out of Hogwarts before they can say Quidditch. Draco picked up a glass ball.

"Did you see his face? Maybe if the fat lump had given this a squeeze, he'd have remembered to fall on his fat ass. " Draco sneered. Evana hated this side of Draco, even if it was just a front.

"Give it back Malfoy!" Harry Potter hissed, anger in his words.

"No, I think I will leave it where Longbottom can't find it!" Draco laughed sliding away on his broom.

"Draco, no!" Evana shouted, It was too late, Draco was already in the sky.

Evana heard a girl with frizzy hair and long teeth tell Harry not to chase him, but he didn't listen either. Harry chased Draco and they were talking but no one could hear them. Suddenly the Slytherin threw the glass ball and the Gryffindor chased after, he almost crashed into a wall.

Harry sped down towards the class with the ball safely in his hand, everyone chased him, cheering, except from the Slytherin boys, and Pansy, they were all huffing until Professor Mcgonagall came out and swept a very scared Mr. Potter away from his classmates. He looked back sadly.

"Nice to know Potter will be leaving us." Draco snickers and most of the Slytherins laugh too. Evana glares at her cousin.

"Draco! That could of been you. You better keep it together or I will tell your Mother and Father." Evana snapped, she was fed up of seeing her cousin make a fool out of himself.

"Cool it Evana, no one cares." Draco says holding his arms out and Evana hugs him. She was ultimately scared Draco would fall.

As long as he's safe 

2023