Tonsil tennis

Heyy lovelies Xo

I am really sorry about the late update, things have been crazy maisy with the move but it's calming down now, thank goodness! :))

I hope you enjoy tonights chapter! 

PLEASE VOTE! it means the world to me and let me know what you think <3

Best wishes,

Emm 

xxx

--------------------------------------------

Ebony's POV:

The smell of rubber and disinfectant greeted my nose as we descended the laminate halls. That section of the hospital was understandably quiet at 5am but we used our invisibility runes anyway. We approached an empty desk and without exchanging a word, both Alec and Jace slipped behind it and began fingering through files for her name, or at least her description.

'Here! Mysterious coma patient, room 216.' Jace informed us triumphantly and we made our way there...

One locater spell and a trip to a random hospital in Vancouver later, I was standing over the unconscious body of my biological mother. A bright green aura surrounded her pale white skin and I noticed that we looked much alike with our complexion, hair and eye colour, though she was noticeably beautiful and I just seemed plain.

Magnus' spell had revealed her body lying lifeless in a hospital bed in a suspected coma that ordinary doctor's couldn't possibly comprehend or cure, oblivious to the magic surrounding her and blind to the striking green aura. To them, she was just an unexplainable coma patient. The heart machine beeped rhythmically as if she were merely sleeping. There she was; my mother right in front of me...I couldn't believe it. It was really her!

Magnus believed she'd taken some backwater potion to knock herself out and protect the whereabouts of the cup within her thoughts. She sacrificed herself yet again for the Mortal Cup and had we not found her, she would remain in her sleep forever...wouldn't she? This was all too weird for me to really get my head around.

Magnus, Alec, Jace and I stood over the bed, leaving Raphael behind in Magnus' apartment to hide out from the sun after we finished the locater spell, leading us here. A shitty vampire side effect; I knew he wanted to help and would be worried about me but this mission was simple and safe.

After giving me a moment to take in the sight before me, the two Shadow hunters either side of me prepared to move my mom, Jace and Alec pulled the here-pointless IV out of her arm and unplugged the wires from her body and heart monitor from her finger. In one swift movement, Alec lifted her up bridal style and Magnus created a portal for us to escape through like body snatchers. I followed behind them into the spiralling purple matter and before I knew it, my feet hit the familiar stone floor of the Institute and we were headed for the infirmary, Mayress' orders.

Once placed there, the staff did some tests without Izzy's usual help; she had a knack for supernatural forensics. I wondered where she was as I watched them inspect my mother's body, taking her blood to test for answers. Someone tugged at my jeans and I looked behind me, surprised to see my little brother. He looked at the body curiously and then back to me.

'Eb?'

'Hey Mye!' I greeted excitedly.

'Who's that?' He asked innocently, 'never mind. Are you alright?' I crouched down to his height. 'Yes. Nori and I just had breakfast. But they have funny food here, they don't have cornflakes like at home.' He crinkled his nose sillily and I laughed, 'no they don't!' I agreed. His little smile momentarily distracted me from the stress of everything and I thanked the universe for that. I leaned down and kissed him on the cheek, he had no idea, bless him, and I wanted to keep it that way. 

'Hey you!' Nora's voice resonated by the door and just hearing it made me smile; the two's presences were a comfort to me, offering a refreshing semblance of reality. I didn't feel so silly for being afraid any more, I wasn't from this world or at least, I wasn't brought up in it. Nora's hair was tied in a messy bun right now and it reminded me of old times, she also wore her 'I love Harry Styles' T-shirt with a shameless smile and it made me want to burst out laughing, that was so Nora. Even during the stressful events of the last month, she was still her goofy self and I loved that about her. She loved Harry Styles and that was that.

'Hey Nor!' I stood up and she enveloped me in a hug by the time she reached me. The hug lasted a long time and evolved from that of a greeting into one of relief and support. I buried my nose deeper into the crook of her neck and she did the same. I needed that. Soon I felt two little arms circle our legs and I bought Myles into the hug. He didn't know why we were hugging but he probably wanted to join in, he always loved hugs.

'Ehem.' A sharp voice caused us to separate, a blonde girl stood tall and proud in the doorway. My eyes unconsciously scanned her, she was notably elegant but her smile was fake. 'You must be Ebony Morgenstern.' She acknowledged authoritatively, 'it's Ebony Fairchild, actually.' I corrected calmly, I didn't want to be associated with my father any more than anyone else wanted me to be.