Marking territories and urgent kisses.

Heya!

Please bare with me, I have been so exhausted this afternoon when I wrote this chapter so it may have some gramatical errors etc etc. 

Next chapter the dynamics of the team will change...

Stay tuned and thanks for reading chicks!

Emily

xxx

Ebony's POV:

I keep looking at the locket; more specifically the pictures of my parents. I know I've seen them before in memories but seeing a physical picture makes everything feel more real. We're on our way back to the Institute now from visiting my mum or my aunt, Perle...I haven't really figured out what I want to call her anymore. Seeing her was like a breath of fresh air. We weren't supposed to see her but figured we weren't putting her at risk since we hadn't run into anything suspicious at the house. Seeing her again was emotional but I felt myself hardening to it. I love her but since remembering the memories with my real mother, I feel a bit removed. Or maybe I am just trying to remove myself so it's easier? Either way she treated me exactly the same, smothering me with love.  Perle said she had never seen the locket before so perhaps it was a clue for me, perhaps Jocelyn wanted me to find her? 

What she also helped us figure out was what 'Virum qui indutus cat oculos' means. We know it translates to 'Man with the cats eyes' or something like that and Perle said she only knows one man with cat's eyes...Magnus Bane. Why would Jocelyn send us to Magnus? What could he possibly know? We know that they were sort of friends but if he knew where she was, wouldn't he have told us the other day? 

I suddenly feel Jace grab my arm, his hand is tense causing me to look up from the locket and notice we are outside the Institute. But that's not why he's tense; I follow his gaze to the bench across the street and notice a figure is sat there. It doesn't take me long to recognise who it is and when I do I feel my body tense up too and my heart feels like its constricting in my chest. My breath hitches in my throat...Raphael. 

I take in a deep breath when I realised I momentarily stopped breathing and shoot Jace a concerned look but try and shrug off his hand to go and talk to Raphael. Butterflies dart around my stomach and I can't help but feel that same nervous excitement I always feel around Raphael. Has he come to take me back? Or is he here for some other reason? 

Either way I can't help but hope and I want to dart over and collide into his arms but Jace won't let go. 'Jace, let me talk to him.' I plead but he won't let go earning a growl from the bench that is even audible from across the street on the sidewalk where we are stood. The others look at one and other awkwardly whilst Alec just looks totally confused.

I wriggle out of Jace's hold and shoot him an apologetic look before heading over to the dark haired angel. When I get to him my breath hitches again and I can't even get words out so I simply wait for him to explain why he is outside the Institute. 

'You're probably wondering why I'm here...' he begins, his voice soft and velvety even though theres a weariness to it that captures my attention. I nod, still unable to form words. 'I'm sorry.' he speaks, stepping out from the shadows so that his face is in my view and I can now once again pick up his beautiful features. I nod and feel my eyes welling up a little...okay a lot and its taking all my strength to hold them in when I notice the vulnerability in his eyes, it feels like he is just as heartbroken as I am. 'I'm so sorry.' He speaks breathlessly as if he too has forgotten how to breathe. I nod once more, swallowing. He hasn't explicitly expressed why he is apologising so I build up the strength to finally respond, 'what are you apologising for?' My tone is as shaky as my heart.