Wrapped around his dead little finger

Nora's POV:

I was taken back by our proximity. Alec was stood only a couple of inches away from my face and I forgot to breathe for a second as beautiful hazel eyes penetrated mine...what was he doing?

If I didn't know better, I would think he was about to-

My thought process was broken as a pair of soft lips pressed onto my cheek...my cheek, damn but hey, he still had his lips on me.

I blushed like crazy as he pulled away, 'what was that for?' I managed to whisper, finally letting out the breath I didn't even know I was holding in, 'I don't-...I...I don't know...' he mumbled, scratching the back of his neck as he eased away from me, avoiding my gaze. It was adorable, why was he so flustered? He's gorgeous and I'm just...well...me. 

' I liked it.' I gushed, my eyes widening as I realised what i had said, wow; way to be smooth Nora, way to be smooth. 

His eyes snapped up to mine and I saw something flicker in them, surprise maybe? 'So did I.' He whispered huskily with a lustful expression. 

My stomach fluttered like crazy, what was he doing to me? Before I knew it, I was inching towards him and looking up at him. He bit the insides of his cheeks and I nearly fainted...he's so hot. I let my eyes flicker from his to his lips and back as if asking him to kiss me properly, my heart racing from the fear of rejection which was beginning to eat at my insides, what was I doing? He obviously didn't like me like that! Why would he? 

Before I could pull away, I felt two warm hands slip around my waist and pull me even closer to him so that our chests touched; we paused for an intense moment, lips a few centimetres apart before his enveloped mine and then it was heaven. I was in shock. His lips massaged mine. The kiss only lasted about ten seconds but it left me wanting more.  Before I could process what had just happened, I heard someone clear their throat and my head snapped to the direction of the person: Izzy. 

'Sorry to interrupt whatever this is,' she began with a knowing smirk, 'but we're going to check out Perle's house for clues.' Izzy began.

'Okay I'll grab my stuff and meet you at the entrance.' Alec notified, snapping back to mission-mode; his demeanor tense and stoic. I felt a pang of hurt at his pretending like nothing happened but what I knew of Alec so far was that he was almost entirely emotionally constipated so he probably regretted kissing me like that. 

'No, you stay here with Nor. Someone needs to watch over Myles and we don't want her here alone do we? Things are weird enough as it is around here, if you go she'll have noone to stick up for her in front of Mom and anyone else who asks questions.' She all but snapped at him, wow she sounded like Mayress. What she said was true though, the Shadow hunter's turned their nose up at me, judging me wherever I went and Mayress was pretty open about how happy she was to have a mundane staying in the Institute - note the sarcasm. 

Alec groaned, 'fine.' I shot him a hurt look, am I that much of a nuisance? I saw guilt flash through his pretty eyes. Izzy nodded, 'okay bye!! And try not to get too loved up. Who am I kidding, I love it! Nalec wooo!' Izzy all but squealed before turning and skipping off, leaving Alec and I in an awkward space...thanks Izzy. 

...

Ebony's POV:

Jace drove us to Perle's in Nora's bashed up beetle to look for clues as to who took her and all that Jazz. Now you might be thinking why do that since Luke and Alaric already did that exact thing? Well, though both men may have wolfy senses, these don't compare to a vamp. So after convincing Izzy and practically begging Jace, they agreed to let me call Raph to help check the house for clues.