Depression (Ch.3)

Oki. Well the first two chapter were mostly Raph and Leo. So Imma make this one mostly about Donnie and Mikey cx
__
Leo and Raph made it back to the lair and headed to bed. Next door however, Donnie stayed awake, writing down formulas to new experiments.

Everything was silent, except for the low sounds of the T.V. The braniac sighed and walked out of his lab to turn it off. What he didn't know is that Michaelangelo was also wide awake, staring blankly at the T.V.

Donatello stood next to the couch, and looked over at his youngest and usually cheery brother. Mikey hasn't been the same at all. He was broken.

The purple masked turtle sat next to his little brother.
"You know, Master Splinter wouldn't want you to be sad," he stated, watching his brother blink slowly.

The orange masked turtle slowly looked over at Donnie, his eyes filled with such angst.
"Raph was right... Master Splinter is dead and nothing matters anymore." His voice cracked from days without speaking.

Donatello frowned,
"Well.. he's still with us. Maybe not physically, but spiritually. He's always going to be right here." The tall brother pointed to where Michaelangelo's heart is located in his chest.

The young turtle just shrugged, his dull eyes meeting Donatello's broken ones.
"What's the matter Mikey? It's just like the life was sucked out of your body." Donnie asked in such concern.

"I used to always be like this.. Now that I don't have Sensei to talk to anymore, I'm back to feeling numb... He said I'm depressed.. I used to cut myself too." Mikey lifted his arm, taking off his elbow pad and unraveling his bandages.

This only reveal the hideous monsters called scars. They imprinted his body, reminding him everyday of the bad things in life. The burden, stuck to his skin until death.

This made Donatello's eyes glistened with tears, as he ran a finger along the scars that Michaelangelo cut into his skin long ago.

"Sensei used to tell me that everytime I cut myself, I cut someone I love. So I stopped, because I don't want to hurt you guys."

The purple masked turtle brought his little brothers arm closer to him, reading the words he engraved in his light green skin.
Burden. Annoying. Weak. Useless. Disappointment.

Donatello could no longer hold in the tears. They fell, making him sob lightly. Donnie grabbed the sides of Mikey's face, making Mikey look at him.

"You are not any of these things Mikey.. You know that right?" The braniac reassured his baby brother.

"Seem like it.. I always screw things up, and you guys are always mad at me.. I feel like you would be better off witho-" Michaelangelo was cut off by Donatello pulling him into a tight embrace.

"No.. don't say that. We could never live without you. I could never live without you. You're always there to make me feel appreciated and put a smile on my face, no matter what.." The tall turtle sobbed for a long time, holding his little brother in his arms tightly.

"I love you Mikey, you are loved and you will never be a burden to me or the others. We're all in this together." He sniffed. Mikey pulled away a little, looking his brother in the eyes,
"Promise?" He whispered, his cheeks stained with tears.

"I promise you baby brother," Donnie smiled.

And for the first time in a very long time, Mikey smiled too.
Donatello stood up, carrying Mikey to his room and tucking him in.

Mikey shut his eyes, finally letting sleep take over, finally feeling relief. He finally felt like he was wanted, and loved. No longer feeling alone in the world.

"Goodnight Donnie," he whispered, before drifting off.

"Goodnight Mikey.." He whispered and stepped out of the room, closing the door behind him. Donnie rested his forehead against Mikeys bedroom door, a half smile plastered on to his face.

Very slowly, things were getting better. It just takes time.
___
3rd chapter cx
Who's you favorite turtle?
Mines Donnie <3
..
I've never been so determined to finish a book in my lifee! I hope you enjoy
I enjoy writing, even if it isn't the best ;-;