13 - Our Profession, Singing

'Closer, maybe we'll be closer, stronger than we were before yeah, make this something more yeah.'

My hand patted the place next to mine with eye closed. I let out a sigh when I feel the place is occupied by no one but air. This is the third day sleeping by myself. If you can call tossing and turning sleeping.

Chanyeol stayed by Sehun's side since the day of the accident and didn't even bothered to come back home. When he does return, it's to only take shower and return to the hospital with fresh new clothes so he could stay the night there.

Don't get me wrong, I am worried about Sehun, I've known him for a long time. Knowing that he is laying on a hospital bed and not knowing when he will wake up scares me to death. He's my little brother and I feel like I should protect him in every way that I could possibly do, it's my responsibility to do so as his hyung.

I got up from bed and went downstairs. The house was quiet and every step I took echoed throughout the house. It made the house looks even more lonely. I got out the bread and peanut butter and jelly before starting to make 4 sets of them. If Chanyeol was here, 4 wouldn't be enough for him. He would demand for more.

I miss him so much. I miss how he would cling to me, whisper sweet things into my ears that always makes me blush, his hugs, his kisses and especially how he always says 'I love you Baekkie' or hyung. It always been him to say it first between us. He was the first one to speak the 3 words sentence months ago and eventhough he says it every day and every seconds, I still feel my heart flutter. It's not easy to find someone who is willing to shower you with love and affection when you have a stone cold heart.

I drove myself to the hospital to visit Sehun and Chanyeol. I smiled at the receptionist and headed to the lift, pressing 2nd floor. I waited for the door to open before walking to his room.

Chanyeol, as always was there beside Sehun. He was fast asleep with his head beside Sehun's hand and one holding them. I want to say I'm jealous of how worried he is but I can't because that is irrational. Even I am worrying. I went closer and carressed his cheek and leaned down to pressed a gentle kiss on it. He stirred in his sleep before his eyes slowly opened.

"Baekkie?" his voice croaked out hoarsely. I nod my head and I held his hand. "Come with me for a second." I said to him and took his hand in mine. "I'll be right back Sehun-ah." he whispered into his ear before following me out.

I took him to a secluded area of the hospital and we stayed in silence for few minutes before I engulfed him in hugs. He stayed still, not returning the hug back."I miss you Channie. I miss your hugs, your kisses, your playful whines and your clingy self. I miss our passionate moments and your 'I love yous'." I said and each sentences ended with tear falling onto his shoulder, soaking his shirt.

"Baekkie." he cried out and wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me closer to him. "I miss you so much. I'm sorry for being a bad boyfriend. I'm sorry I'm not there for you." he sobbed and now it's my turn to get soaked with his tears. I shut my eyes tight and hid my face in his chest. "I love you. I will always love you. Remember that. No matter what happened." He said. I nod and I stood back to look at his face. I wiped away the tears that had escaped.

He leaned down to kiss my forehead, nose and lips. This kiss. This routine of ours before kissing. I miss all of it. It may been 3 days but it's the longest 3 days I've gone without seeing Chanyeol. He wrapped his arms around my waist tightly and bringing our bodies closer together. "I love you Channie." I whispered and hugged him tightly, afraid of letting him go and him disappearing.

We both returned to Sehun's room and surprised to see something that we didn't expect to see. Sehun wide awake and sitting up with a smile on his face. He looked at us, specifically Chanyeol and grinned. "Hyung. I'm awake." he said. "SEHUNNIE!" Chanyeol cried out and run to enveloped him in hugs.

I smiled at the sight. "Yah hyung. You're not going to hug me?" He pout looking at me. "You, my dongsaeng, had me worried sick!" I yelled the last sentence before attacking him with hugs. "I miss you guys so much! Where are the others?" He asked. "I told them to go home and that I would alert them if there's any update on you." Chanyeol answered.

"Hyung. Our date. I want it to be next Monday." Sehun smiled giddily. Chanyeol chuckled and ruffled his hair. "Anything for you." He smiled. I smiled. Everything is back to normal now. Sehun is awake. Chanyeol is smiling. As soon as Sehun is discharged, we're full again-well sort of-all 10 members doing what we're good at. Our profession, singing.