Chapter 12: The Brilliant Plan and the Terrible Plot

Start from the beginning

"But how much time?! If I wait too long, I could snap! I could slam her against a wall and-"

"Look, Theo, there are some things I don't know! Do you know how hard it was for me to wait for your sister to be ready? We had been going out for three damn years! Too damn long to wait!"

He closed his eyes in frustration and took a deep breath to calm down. "But I gave her time, because I didn't want her to be upset and regretting it her whole life. As mates, we would stay together until death, and I didn't want her to have bad memories of what I forced her to do instead of what she chose to do."

John smiled and leaned forward to whisper to me. "And guess what? Our first time was the best thing I'd ever experienced in my life. So, Theo, if it hurts you to wait, just remember that it'll be better the more experienced of a kisser and foreplayer you are." He winked at me.

I sighed. "Thanks for the advice, John. But that does not change the fact that Natalie's upset, and thinks that I'm pissed at her."

"You are."

"I was," I corrected. "And even then, I wasn't pissed at her, I was pissed at myself for how close we came! How I almost hurt her.....How I couldn't control myself....."

"Well, call her back up and tell her!"

"I haven't had a chance to get her number! I have no idea where she lives!"

I sighed, then chuckled. "To think, we've been through all that, and she knows my number, my friends, my parents for crying out loud, and my address; and I don't even so much as have her freaking number. How funny is that?"

John laughed and stood up. He patted me on the shoulder and said, "Don't despair too much, sport, we have school tomorrow. Just talk to her then."

My head snapped up to look at him. "What?"

"Dude! You're forgetting; we all skipped school today to see you get out of the hospital. It's Thursday."

I grinned. "And tomorrow is Friday. Perfect."

I hurriedly stood and almost sprinted to Denise's room. "Whoa, wait up a sec!" John called after me.

I knocked on the door, and Denise said, "John, is that you?" in a sweet, sing-song voice.

Creepy.

"No, Denise it's me! Theo!"

"Go away! I'm waiting for John!" she snapped.

Ooh, a temper.

"I just want to know if I can have the car after school tomorrow! Please, it's important!"

She sighed. "Fine, whatever. But get John. Tell him I'm ready."

"Ready for what?"

"Just get John!"

Ok then.....

I raced back down the steps to find John still standing there by the couch. "Why didn't you follow me?" I asked.

He shook his head. "Because Denise told me not to set a foot upstairs until she was ready."

I frowned. "Well, she's ready now."

I turned to walk away, but thought better of it. "John, what does she want?"

John grinned and wiggled his eyebrows. "She bought some new lingerie yesterday, and wanted to show me."

"GROSS!"

I mocked gagging, and he laughed. "I have to go now, better not keep her waiting!" he called as he walked away.

Disgusting!

I was going to get out of the house before I had a chance to hear the noises they were making.

I grabbed my coat and the car keys (hey, Denise wasn't going to need them, John had driven in his own car) and sped out the door.

Where to go, where to go.....

It was then that I had a brilliant idea.

I got in the car, pausing for a moment to admire it. A BMW M6....certainly better than most station wagons driven by some of my other classmates. It was my dad's old car; a promotion at work had raked in a bunch of extra cash and he got a Mustang instead; therefore leaving the BMW to Denise and I once we got our licenses.

Wonderful interior....

I then started the engine and drove away, going to the florists.

Ashley's P.O.V

There was no way that this plan could fail.

I would get that bitch Natalie, and let her know just who she was dealing with.

No one messed with Ashley Anne Goodman, not even a true wolf.

Theo was mine. I didn't care if they were mates, I would make him see that I was better than Natalie.

And I would make her see that it was her place to step down.

I would change Theo.

My beauty always had more of an effect on werewolves.

Oh, and now that I knew Natalie was a wolf.....

I wonder if she's told him? It would be a disaster if he continued their relationship unawares of the danger she was to him.....

True wolves always lost their control easily. It had to do with being more wolf and less human.

She's gonna lose it, and lose it soon. And then he'll see, he'll see the monster she is.....

And then he'll be mine.....

Natalie's P.O.V

I felt extremely guilty of what I had done to Theo.

I was playing with his emotions by backing out so suddenly!

But we couldn't mate, because I haven't told him that I'm a wolf.....

But what if he rejects me! I can't deal with the pain of rejection again, not after George and Francis and Luis and Frank and Leo-

And Arthur.

He was the worst.

If I was rejected again because I'm a wolf, I don't know what I'd do.....

A tear dripped down my cheek.

But I have to tell him, and soon, so I can change him and we can mate.

I'd have to tell his parents. And Denise, too. It'd have to be kept a secret.

But he has to change soon, so he can mate with me and mark me.

To say that I am his and he is mine.

And make sure that that bitch, that mutt Ashley keeps her dirty paws off him.

She's not going to wait forever.

She's going to strike, and soon.

I have to tell him.

To save him from her.

To save us from her.....

What the hell was I going to do?