Chapter 12

im playing with my cat

i love cats

i cant find any pictures that even have to do with this story anymore so you take whatever i want to put up there.

It's been four months of Dean being practically locked up in the hospital room, waiting for something. He was being so doubtful, while everyone told him to chin up and keep hope, he'd say things like 'he'll never wake up' 'why am I even here?' 'there's nothing left' Anna got annoyed with him, but continued to deal with him for some reason.

"I know someone who stayed in a comatose state like this for two years but woke up, it's only been two months, Dean. There's still hope." Anna kicked her legs up on the bed and sat back in her chair, doing something on her phone. Dean stared out the window,

"Geez....I would hate to spend two years like this...without him..." He played with his fingers, looking back at Cas after watching a scene with a butterfly outside. This place was boring after being here for so long.

"It's better than never getting him back." She lays her phone down and crosses her arms, Dean sighs,

"....May I....lie down again...?" He nearly whispers, looking down at Cas' empty face.

"Of course, Dean." She stands up and walks to the door, "I have another patient to attend to, do what you will but don't make your brother worry, alright?" She leaves and gently closes the door behind her. Dean lies on the bed next to Cas and wraps his arms around his neck, crying as he spoke,

"Cas....Cas please get up...I can't stand this..." He closed his eyes and started crying more on Cas' neck, "Baby Please don't die on me..."

                                       ********

"Chuck?" Dean walked into Cas' house, as he did a few times just to check on Chuck. Before he could call out his name again, he heard a crash. He heard pots hitting the floor and something break, then he heard a scream. Chucks scream.

"I CANT DO THIS! I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO!" Dean heard liquids hitting the floor and more pots and also what sounded like kitchen utensils. He ran into the kitchen to see Chuck crying and screaming, with pots and spoons and some kind of soup spilled over the floor.

"CHUCK!" Dean ran in and wrapped his arms around Chuck, grabbing his wrist, making him drop the wooden spoon he was holding tightly.

"Dean...I knew you were coming so I...wanted to make soup...but..." He stopped and started crying more, which then made Dean cry. After they had calmed down, Dean let go of his wrist and backed up, looking at the mess over the floor and started picking things up. There was pots, spoons and forks, something glass, and the soup.

"Have you been to visit him recently?" Dean asked as they both sat on the couch a few minutes later. They had both been in the hospital room together multiple times, but recently it seemed he wasn't showing up.

"Yes...but everyone there gives me weird looks because of the first day I went in there and started screaming." He looks down, "I was such a bad father...I barely even did a thing..." He covered his face with his hands, but that reminded Dean of something.

*Random flashback time*

"YOU FUCKING BASTARD! I'LL KILL YOU!!" Dean screamed as he punched one of the bully's in the face. It was after school, and they were walking home. This was only three days after Dean had come home to see Cas.

"What are you talking about?" Zachariah stood up and hid behind Gabriel, while Lucifer and Michael stood beside them.

"Y-YOU GUYS HAVE BEEN TEXTING CAS! MA-MAKING HIM CRY A-AND MAKING HIM-!" He stopped and realized he was crying, he wiped his tears, but more came every time.