16: scene

SUPER IMPORTANT QUESTION: What's everyone's favorite song off of Ed Sheeran's Divide??!

// I fr cannot choose, but I'm leaning towards either Galway Girl or Barcelona 😁 OH & I'M SEEING HIM IN CONCERT FOR THE THIRD TIME SO I'M CURRENTLY CRYING

(btw listen to the song I attached 😍) it's called For You by Fyfe

Los Angeles, California
November 21st, 2015

Jess

I felt like a stranger in my own body. Like I was simply watching on while somebody else controlled my every movement.

Some days, I felt like going for a jog, or cleaning my apartment, or going grocery shopping at seven in the morning. Other days, I couldn't find the motivation to get out of bed, let alone attend and participate in meetings.

I'd visited the shrink again, too. I told her some of this, and she explained it as an example of coping with what I went through. She even went so far as to offer me a prescription for mood stabilizers. I denied.

Two days before Thanksgiving, I woke up alone in bed.

Harry had met up with friends the night before for some drinks, and I told him he should just spend the night instead of fighting to find a ride home at two in the morning. 

It was a good morning. Even though my best friend coming to visit definitely a contributing factor, I felt well enough to get dressed and ready to pick Julia up from the airport.

Julia called my cell just as I was locking up my place.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey. Are you on your way to pick up Julia?"

"Yeah." I unfolded my pink tinted glasses and propped them on my nose.

"Are you doing anything later tonight?"

I narrowed my eyes skeptically. "Um, probably hanging with Julia. Why?"

"Roger Clement called."

"Who?"

"Harry's publicist."

I shook my head in anger. "Didn't we already go through this with them? I'm not going to be fucking forced to go anywhere with my boyfriend."

"Oh, believe me, I let Mr. Clement know that. Then, he continued on bullshitting about 'This needs to happen. It's only a couple of pictures', blah, blah, blah," Jane chided.

I sighed. "Let me talk to Harry about it."

"I told him that as well."

I smirked. She knew me so well. "Love you, Jane."

"Drive safe, okay? Or I'll have - uh - Caleb and Quinn follow you."

"Got it."

I hung up the phone and exited the elevator to head towards the parking garage. My fingers played at the leather strap of my over-the-shoulder bag as I thought about Mr. Roger Clement. Would it be a good idea to call Harry now, or should I wait until I can do it in person?