12: us

Long chapter ☺️☺️ I'm actually happy with how this turned out, so comment as you go and let me know what you think! 💙

// Does anyone listen to the singer, RAYE? Her songs are amazing!! I'm so sad Flowers was taken off soundcloud, but I attached it to this chapter from YouTube! 🤑

btw, be sure to listen to the songs mentioned in the chapter bc they are absolute jams

San Francisco, California
October 13th, 2015

Jess

Despite last night's events, I slept quite soundly. I woke up mid-morning with two emails from Jane regarding meetings I'd be attending the next two days while being in SF.

I was scrolling through my timeline on Twitter when I felt the mattress shift and heard the groan of someone just waking up. Harry rested his forehead against the side of my arm, then kissed my shoulder.

"Will you go on a date with me?" He asked.

A soft smile fell across my face as I continued to stare at my phone. "Yes..."

"Okay, let's go." His lips pressed against my cheek and suddenly he was out of the bed.

I peered over my phone at him, my eyebrows raised.

"Now?" I asked.

"Yes, babe. Now," he said, and when I tucked myself underneath the covers, he pulled them right off.

Two hours later, whether Harry realized it or not, we were heading towards Oakland. He refused to use the GPS in the car, saying that he'd already looked up the directions, and it would only give away the surprise if he used it.

Well, based on the knowledge Harry gave me that it would only take 15 minutes to get to our destination, I figured out that he was taking me to Pier 39—and we passed it 10 minutes ago when, instead of turning right, he went straight. Now, we were four miles away from leaving the city.

"How do you manage to always get us lost?" I laughed.

"How do you know we're lost?" He was quick to say. "We're not lost."

I grinned and shook my head. "Oh, I love you...but you should really take this next exit or we're gonna end up on the bridge, on our way to Oakland."

His eyebrows shot up. "Oak—oh, bloody hell."

He did as I said, and took the next exit before getting back on, now heading in the opposite direction.

"Please act surprised when we get there," he said as he looked over his shoulder to change lanes. He seemed to know that I had figured out where we were going.

"Of course."

He reached over and grabbed my free hand. He laced our fingers together, and brought our hands up to kiss my knuckles.

I turned the radio on to a 2000's r&b hits station. Alicia Keys' "No One" was playing and I completely lost it.

"When the rain is pouring down, and my heart is hurting. You will always be around. This I know for certain. You and me together through the days and nights. I don't worry because everything's gonna be alright. People keep talking, they can say what they like. But all I know is everything's going to be alright."