9: get that ring

Tayvin :((( btw I'm so very sorry for any mistakes. I'm too tired to edit hahahah (:

// prepare for a cute af chapter & make sure to vote and comment ☺️

West Moloka'i, Hawai'i
October 2nd, 2015
1:00 PM

Jess

"Holy shit. Put a ring on it," I said after trying one of Calvin's piña coladas.

Taylor tried not to laugh as she swallowed her drink. "It's good, huh?"

"It'd be even better with alcohol," Julia added, leaning her elbows on the deep blue tiles surrounding the pool in the side yard. The water was calm and crystal clear.

Straight ahead from us was the beach where the three guys were sitting down in lawn chairs with their backs to us.

"Shut up. You're like five," I reminded her.

She splashed water in my face, and I lifted my drink so chlorine wouldn't get in it. "Julia!" I screeched and moved away from her.

She arched an eyebrow and took a long sip from her straw. "I go to college. I've had my fair share of alcohol."

"I bet."

She splashed me again, and I just continued drinking my piña colada, smirking.

Taylor laughed quietly at us. "Why do I feel like I'm missing out on some inside joke?"

"When we were in our sophomore year of high school, Julia's mom let her have a couple sips of champagne, and, just from that, she got so drunk...it was hilarious," I explained.

"I've developed a better tolerance since then," Julia promised.

I saw something moving out of the corner of my eye, so I turned my attention to whatever it was. Harry had gotten up out of his seat and started walking back towards the direction of the house, meaning he'd have to pass by the pool.

"What'd you do after you got drunk?" Taylor asked with curiosity.

My attention went back to them. The story I was about to tell was priceless.

I glanced at Julia, and she opened her mouth, probably to tell me not to tell the story, but I spoke before she did.

I bit my lip to hide my smile. "It was at her sister's graduation party, and so most of her family was there. She ended up telling her great aunt and great grandmother that she thought -"

I was cut off when someone's hands planted themselves on my shoulders, shoving me underwater, before quickly releasing their hold.

I was still holding onto my almost empty cup of piña colada. I was more pissed at that fact that I wouldn't be able to finish my last sip rather than the chlorine water seeping into my eyes.

I stood up, the water coming to my chest. I heard the echoed laughter of almost all of my friends, Taylor being the only one asking if I was alright between her giggles.

I turned my head to the source of the melodic, hysterical laughing. Harry was hunched over, looking my way, though his eyes were almost shut.