Prologue & Chapter 1 My First Day Of School

• Dedicated to My Wild Imagination

Attention!!!

Before you begin your journey of adventure and magical excitement please read this list of Talantian vocabulary words for your prior knowledge.

Atlan- what you call a citizen of Talanta            

synonyms- adult, Person, People

Spit Wizard- A half mortal wizard

Talantian- Non mortal Citizen of

Talanta

Atlanhood-childhood

Linkas- Founder of Talanta Empire and planet. Has parade named after him?                                    

Teleportation- Ways for wizards to get from place to place                             

Poofing- How a wizard teleports. Requires disappearing into thin air                    

Mistal- Capitol City of Talanta home of the main characters

Wilkas Walok- Leader of Mistal

Prologue

             I was most fascinated by the angels. They circled the skies and sang beautiful songs that made even the most tear less shed tears. They come to our precious planet of Talanta every year this day to celebrate with us at the Linkas day parade. Aside from the Angels there were dragons blowing fire through their deadly breaths, all witches and wizards casts their wands to shoot lightning, fairies floated and planting kisses on the little atlans foreheads. I don't attend this parade often but this year was a must. Linkas day is when the youths of today officially become the future of tomorrow. All witches and wizards at the age of eighteen are assigned their life job in Talanta based on their achievements throughout their atlanhood. Whether it's the good or bad they do in school or outside of it. I am eighteen now and this day I will find out what I'm going to be doing for the rest of my life. I am very nervous. I was doing so well all these years and on the last test; the one that counted the most towards the decision, the one which cannot be failed and may cost me my future lifestyle has let me down. If my brother were here he would help me through this fear.

            Alayis was my brother's name. He was killed two years ago; a couple of days after my sixteenth. He was only twenty. How great it was that three years ago this day he was given the job of entrepreneur. It wasn't till after a month that he opened up his own wand shop. Alayis gave me my third wand that came from a special maker in the land of Pixie. The wand that I still use and treasure to this day. I am here now at the parade with support of my mother and ten year old sister Araya to help me through the decision of the council. The time was finally here and silence became of the whole parade. The City of Mistal came to a halt as leader Wilkas Walok stepped up from his throne to start the assigning. I am very unlucky at this point because I know that my name should be called third. Out of all the Wizards in Mistal, I know my name; Agatis Aagan will be called third.