Chapter 12

Alright, I got this. So I haven't even mentioned school for Eevee, but when she was at the orphanage she went. She was mostly ignored, nothing really happened. But not this heavily involving school, so prepare yourselves :3. Anyways, I hope who all enjoy this chapter!

~Eevee's POV~

I woke up to get ready for school, like usual. I'm so glad I don't go to the same school I dis at the orphanage, those girls would never leave me alone if I went there still. Now I go to (Oh, snap. I don't think I've mentioned what state they live in. Team Crafted lives in L.A., but I think in the story it will be Washington)  Haller Middle School. Not that it has been going to great here either.

I walk down the stairs greeted by Mitch, who is AWESOME enough to make me breakfast in the morning.

"Heya Eevee."

"Hi Mitch, thanks for the waffles."

"No prob."

I sit down and eat my food. Then I run back upstairs to get dresses and brush my teeth. After I grab my backpack and leave for the bus stop on the corner. 

"Bye Mitch!" I yell to him as I walk out the door.

"Bye! See you later!"

~Time Skip, because walking is boring~

I get on the bus, sitting in the closest open seat to the front. I came here at the beginning of October,  not exactly the best time. 

"Hey loser." I hear a girl in my home room mutter at me as she walked down the aisle. I had gotten used to it. I mean, I've had to deal with it since I was 9. I ignore everyone until we get to school, and get off the bus.

I head to my locker, open it, and put my backpack and unnecessary books away. On my way to Mrs. Scott's room I get shouldered into a locker (I think you can see where this is going). It was a boy, who was on the baseball team. I just sighed and walked away. When I got to class I sit in the very back corner.

I notice that girl on the bus, Jackie, sit right in front of me. Really? I thought. Couldn't you sit anywhere else? Just as class started, she put a note on my desk. It read:

Hey, know-it-all. You think your so cool? I liked it better when you weren't here. You always have to be the center of attention, teacher's pet. 

I think she was referring to the fact that I was the only one who knew any of the answers to any of the questions. Center of attention? Really? I made myself as small as possible and filled in my planner, doodling when I was finished. 

The bell finally rang, and I did my best not to get trampled on the way out. I headed to my algebra class, which I loved and hated, I loved it because it is so easy, and hated it because it was so boring. I had the popular kids in all of my classes, and lets just say they aren't the brightest.

I didn't sit in the corner, I sat closest to the teacher's desk. Mr. Cross was funny, well I thought so. Plus, all of the popular kids sat in the back. Mr. Cross wrote an equation on the board. 5x + 3y = 15.

"Alright, tell me when you find the x and y-intercept." (This is actually what we are doing in my algebra class :3) Within a minute I raised my hand. After a few more minutes no one else had their hands raised. He just nods to me, and I put my hand down.

"Ok, Evangeline, could you do the problem on the board?" I step up to the front of the room and get the intercepts, despite the fact that he had disregarded my request to be called Eevee.

"The x-intercept is 0,3 and the y-intercept is 5,0." I state, stepping back to show my work.

"Well done, you may sit down now." I hear someone mutter something in the back of the room.

"Show-off much?" 

I just looked down, not willing myself to react. How dare they, though?! They are just too stupid to figure it our, then have the audacity to ridicule me about it! Mr. Cross assigns us homework, but he comes and talks to me after he says the problems.

"Evangeline? You don't have to do the assignment, I know you already know it, so I gave you the points." I was surprised, I wouldv'e done the work, no matter how repetitive, anyways. Cool. But, I think Jackie overheard it.

"What!? How come she gets off on the homework!? Why should she, she's just the new girl!" She is practically shouting, and everyone looks at her, then at me.

"Well, she is the only one who has proved to know how to do the assignments, and she understands it. The point o homework is to help you understand the process of the problems, and Evangeline has got it down flat." Mr. Cross looks at me apologetically.

"And Evangeline has got it down flat. Whatever." Jackie mocks the teacher.

"Excuse me? I think you are getting a detention for that."

Jackie said nothing, just glaring at me. I gulped. What did I do?

~Author's Note~

Ok, I have never written anything with bullying, so don't judge meh. I hope you like the most recent plot twist, if you could call it that. Anyways, I hope you all enjoyed this installment of Adopted by BajanCanadian, take care.

.