The Dancer & The Basketball Player (Paul George) -Maria-

Start from the beginning

The week after that, I had to perform one last time to try to win that million dollars. The whole week I was so nervous and anxious and I just wanted to throw up.

As I waited backstage, a tall man walked up to me. He spoke,"Hey, you must be Maria."

I looked at his face and almost fainted. It was Paul George.

"Oh my god, yes. Hi,"I smiled, shaking his hand. It was huge compared to my tiny one.

"You're even more beautiful in person,"he complimented, making me blush. "Thank you. I heard you were a fan. I also heard that we're dating,"I laughed.

Paul chuckled, shaking his head. "Yeah, I know right? All I did was say some nice things about you and everyone thought I was your boyfriend."

I nodded. "Yeah, that's very kind of you by the way. Well it was nice meeting you. We should hang out later. I really have to get going though. I'm performing next,"I said. Paul replied,"Okay, good luck. I'll be rooting for you." He gave me a wink before walking away.

The butterflies in my stomach multiplied, but I had to stop thinking about them. I walked out on the stage and just let my dancing take over. It felt so good. I felt so fierce and powerful as I spun, flipped, and jumped all around the stage in my gold outfit. When I ended the performance with a final pose, the crowd stood up and cheered. All the judges were on their feet as well.

I bowed, tears filling my eyes. I did all I could. That's all that matters.

I saw Paul sitting front row, screaming and clapping. I laughed, blowing him a kiss.

Nick Cannon joined me on the stage and put his arm around my shoulder. "A spectacular performance by Maria. Let's see what the judges have to say,"Nick said.

Heidi Klum spoke first. "Maria, I don't know what to say. You just killed it. Everything about that performance was incredible. And you look so beautiful. You looked like a Latina goddess up there." I laughed and blew her a kiss. "Thank you,"I giggled.

Howie spoke next. "I say this every week, but you deserve to win this competition. You've got lots of fans and your performance tonight was the best you've ever danced. It was great." "Thank you,"I nodded with a smile.

Howie quickly added,"By the way, I see that your not-boyfriend is in the crowd tonight." He pointed at Paul George. I laughed a bit, shaking my head. The crowd started laughing and cheering.

"I actually just met him for the first time backstage like 10 minutes ago and he was really sweet,"I said. Paul gave me a smile and thumbs up.

"You two would be so cute. After tonight, Paul ask her out,"Mel B said. I started blushing once again, looking down.

I didn't look at Paul the whole time while the judges finished giving their comments. I was too embarrassed to.

Nick Cannon spoke at the end,"You've got a big celebrity following, huh Maria? Paul certainly is interested in you. Are you feeling the same way towards him?"

I simply answered,"He's a great basketball player and really sweet."

The crowd 'oooo'ed childishly, making me shake my head. I glanced over at Paul and he was just smiling.

Nick said,"Okay, well America, you know the drill. Tomorrow's finale night, so make sure to get your votes in by then. To vote for Maria, call the number on the screen or vote online at nbc.com/americas-got-talent. Stay tuned for the next performance."

I quickly walked backstage and to my dressing room. Someone was already sitting in there. I let out a little surprised scream. Paul was sitting on the couch.

"Sorry, my bad Maria. I was just told I could wait in here for you,"he explained.

I pushed some of my light brown hair out of my face. "It's fine,"I shrugged, grabbing a water bottle.

I took a sip while Paul said,"You did great as always. Even better than last time. You looked absolutely stunning."

I gave him a smile. "Thanks Paul. You're really sweet. Your support means a lot." He blushed a bit as I sat down next to him. "Everyone keeps asking me about you and if we're a couple now. It's so weird,"I giggled.

Paul replied,"Yeah, everyone really wants us together. I do too..."

"Are you for real?"I asked. He slowly nodded.

"Yeah, I mean, you're absolutely gorgeous. And you're so nice and friendly. You're perfect, Maria. I want to get to know you better,"he admitted. I smiled and said,"Maybe we can work something out."

I agreed to go on a date with Paul after the recording of the show. When I could leave, I left with Paul and paparazzi took plenty of pictures. We didn't care though. We were just two people getting to know each other. But in a few weeks, it was confirmed that Paul and I were dating, and people were very happy about that, to say the least.