The Doctor's Bet (Klay Thompson) -Ivy-

This one's for CaptainKrunch26 ! I hope you enjoy it because a lot of work went into it!

-Ivy's POV-

"Hey Ivy, you'll be doing a physical exam on Klay Thompson in Room 56 in 10 minutes. I told you yesterday,"a trainer told me.

I nodded, pushing some hair behind my ear. "Yeah, I remember,"I replied, holding up Klay's files.

"Okay good. Remember to send the report to me after,"he said before walking away.

I walked towards Room 56 and smiled at Steve Kerr as I walked by. "Good morning,"I greeted. "How are you, Ivy?"he replied. I answered,"Good sir."

I walked into the room and set up everything for the check up.

I'm the medical doctor for the Golden State Warriors and I honestly love it so much. I don't always talk to all the players, but most of them are so nice and funny. I love talking to them.

After a few minutes, Klay walked into the room, drinking out of a water bottle. He gave me a smile.

"Hey Klay. How are you?"I asked. "I'm good, Ivy. You?"he replied. "I'm fine."

"So, today I'll be doing an echocardiogram to check your heart and a musculoskeletal evaluation to check your muscles,"I informed Klay.

"Okay, sounds good. Do whatever you want with my body,"he teased. I blushed a little.

"So, I need you to take off your shirt and lay on the bed,"I instructed. "Woah Ivy, at least let me buy you dinner first,"he joked. I could feel my cheeks heating up. "Klay, please be serious,"I said. Klay replied,"Okay, okay. Sorry."

He took his shirt off and I couldn't help but stare. He chuckled and asked,"Could I stare at you back?" I quickly denied,"I wasn't staring at you. Keep your eyes away from my body."

Right when I said that, Klay looked me up and down. I blushed and mumbled,"Just lay down already." "So demanding,"he commented jokingly, laying down.

I ignored him and said,"Okay, so I'm going to be putting this jelly on your chest and then monitoring your heart."

I made sure the monitor was up and running and dimmed the lights before starting to rub the jelly onto his chest. "That feels good. You know how to work those hands,"Klay whispered. Thankfully the lights were dimmed or else Klay would've seen me blushing.

"Okay, so this is going to take about 45 minutes depending on how your heart is. There will be times where you'll feel uncomfortable, but please stay still and just follow instructions,"I said, pulling out the transducer and pressing it to his chest. He slightly nodded.

After the whole procedure was done, I wiped the jelly off of his chest and got Klay to sit up.

"Thanks for cooperating with that. Now, onto your musculoskeletal examination. I read in your file that you need your wrists checked out and you've had knee problems,"I told Klay.

He nodded. "Uh, yeah. But I'm fine now." "That's good to hear. I'm just going to make sure everything's absolutely perfect, okay?"I asked, placing my hand on his knee. Klay raised his eyebrows, looking down at my hand on his knee. I quickly moved it.

"So, first wrists. Give me your right hand,"I said, holding my hand out. Klay grabbed my hand weirdly. I laughed,"Not like that. Like this." I entwined my fingers with him. "Woah, we're holding hands. How cute,"he said, making me blush once again.

"Please, this is normal procedure, okay? Let's keep this professional,"I replied, moving his wrist back and forth.

I did a flexion and extension examination on both of his wrists, and then had to examine his knee.

"Uh, for this I need your pants off,"I started saying before Klay quickly stood up and started unbuckling his belt. I quickly exclaimed,"No!" Klay chuckled and asked,"What?"

I took a deep breath and said,"I need you to go change into this gown." I handed him a light blue hospital gown and directed Klay to a change room.

He came back with the gown on and asked,"Why aren't you laughing at how stupid I look?"

I laughed a bit at what he said and responded,"I see the players wearing these all the time. I'm used to it. And it's normal examination procedure, so..." Klay nodded. "Oh, right."

I performed a knee evaluation on Klay and everything seemed perfectly fine.

"Okay, so you can go change now. I'm just going to fill out your reports and explain everything to you when you come back,"I informed. Klay nodded and walked off.

He came back in normal clothes and sat down on the bed again. I explained,"So it seems like your knee and wrists are good. Everything went fine with the heart examination as well. I think you're good to go." "Okay, thanks Ivy,"Klay smiled, standing up.

"Can I hug you or...?"he trailed off. I laughed and nodded, and Klay wrapped his arms around me. I hugged him back before pulling away and started packing away my tools. Klay walked out of the office.

-3 Weeks Later-

I was in my office, doing some paperwork when Klay walked in.

"Hey Ivy, I was wondering if you could do a wrist check up on me?"he asked.

I joked,"Is it just so I'll hold hands with you again?"

He chuckled and said,"I like the way you think, but no actually. The first game of the season's coming up and I want to make sure I'm ready to score all those 3's."

I laughed and replied,"Come on. Your first game is against San Antonio. Y'all are going to lose." "Excuse me, but don't you work for this team?"Klay reminded. I crossed my arms and replied,"Yes, but that doesn't mean I can't have my predictions on the end result."

"How about we make this interesting then?"Klay questioned, sitting in a chair. I sat down in the chair across him. "I'm listening,"I nodded.

"So, if you're right and we do lose, I'll leave you alone and won't bother you for unnecessary check ups. But if we win, you have to... Hm, let's see here. You have to go on a date with me,"Klay dealt. I bit my lip but then nodded. "Okay, you're on." We shook hands on it.

"Alright, see you tonight after the win,"Klay said with a wink before starting to walk away.

"Don't you want to get your wrists checked?"I asked, very amused. Klay turned back around, looking a bit embarrassed.

"Yeah, about that... You were right. I just needed an excuse to hold your hand and talk to you. But we'll be doing that on our date anyways, so what's the point?"

My mouth fell open, my cheeks burning. Klay chuckled and walked out of the office.

That night, I watched the game very closely in the back. At halftime, the Warriors were winning 52-46. Klay already had 20 points. I couldn't believe it.

As the players walked by me into the locker room after the 2nd quarter, Klay came up to me and said,"I think we'll go on this date tomorrow."

I laughed and replied,"Don't get too cocky just yet. There's still 24 whole minutes of game left." Klay just shrugged and walked away, a grin on his face.

As halftime neared an end and the players started going back to the court, Klay put his arm around me and asked,"Good luck kiss?" I pushed him away and said,"Get real." He chuckled and jogged away. I shook my head, smiling.

At the end of the night, the Warriors left with the win against the Spurs, 111-96. And that was mostly due to Klay and his 45 points. I couldn't believe my eyes. This was just insane.

I heard the boys hooting and hollering down the hallway and walked over to the area. I highfived Steph Curry, Draymond Green, and Shaun Livingston as they walked by. "Good job guys,"I said.

Klay stopped in front of me and just smirked. I sighed,"Okay, I have to give it to you. You killed it."

Klay grinned and said,"I'll see you later for our date." He winked and walked away. I laughed, shaking my head.