Back Together (Harrison Barnes) -Cai-

This one is for the lovely QueeeennG ! I really hope you like it because I know how excited you were for this! (:

-Cai's POV-

"Harrison Barnes with the 3!"the announcer exclaimed, making me jump off the couch. "Yes bae!"I screamed at the top of my lungs.

I was watching tonight's game from home instead of driving over to the arena. Sometimes it's nice to just watch it from the comfort of your own home.

I was watching the Warriors play against the Wizards. Golden State was completely dominating the game and it was so fun to watch.

After the game which the Warriors won, I called Harrison. He answered the phone,"Hey baby." "Hey boo. You did incredible tonight. I'm so proud of you,"I cheesed.

Harrison replied,"Thanks Cai, but I'm really busy right now. I'll be home late tonight." My smile dropped a bit. "Oh, okay,"I quietly responded.

"I love you Cai,"he quickly said. I mumbled,"Love you too." Harrison hung up the phone and I sighed, staring down at the screen.

This relationship was so amazing when Harrison wasn't so busy. But he's part of the Golden State Warriors, the biggest basketball team on the planet. I'm so proud of everything he's done, but I still wish he spent more time with me.

I stayed up waiting for Harrison all night, but he didn't come.

At around 3am, I gave up waiting and decided to just sleep by myself. I got into bed and immediately fell asleep.

I woke up to someone starting to lay down beside me. I squinted my eyes.

"Harrison, you're home now?"I mumbled, rubbing my eyes. "Yeah Cai. I'm super tired right now. I want to sleep,"Harrison muttered, closing his eyes. I bit my lip and sighed before closing my eyes.

In the morning, I did lots of thinking. As I was eating breakfast, Harrison rushed by me.

"Where you going without breakfast?"I asked. Harrison answered,"I gotta go do a press conference and then I have practice." "When will you be home?"I questioned. He replied,"I honestly don't know."

I sighed. "Harrison, we can't keep doing this. We can't pretend like our relationship's working when it obviously isn't." "What do you mean?"he asked.

I responded,"You know exactly what I mean. You're so busy off in your work that you don't have time for me anymore. What's the point of being in a relationship if we don't even see each other? It's ridiculous."

"So you want to break up?"he inquired slowly. I nodded my head. "I can't keep doing this. It's too stressful,"I sighed. "Come on Cai, don't be like this,"he pleaded.

I admitted,"It feels like you don't even love me anymore." "I do love you,"he assured. I shook my head. "I'm sorry Harrison. This isn't going to work,"I mumbled before walking out of the house.

-5 Years Later-

I was grocery shopping by myself, just getting some food.

I've been so lonely lately. I've had several boyfriends and some relationships even got serious, but none of them worked out. It just seems like there's no one on this planet for me.

"Cai?"I heard someone call.

I turned around and saw Harrison Barnes standing a few feet away from me. My eyes widened.

"Harrison,"I whispered. He walked up to me. "I haven't seen you in 5 years..."he trailed off, touching my cheek. I moved his hand away. "Um, hi,"I awkwardly said.

"How are you Cai?"he asked. I answered,"I'm fine. How about you?" "Honestly Cai, I miss you so much,"he confessed. I bit my lip.

He continued,"I've tried to be with other girls but none of them are you, Cai. You're all I want." I admitted,"I've tried to be in relationships as well, but none of them worked out."

"Don't you see what's going on Cai? We're meant to be!"he exclaimed.

I requested,"Can we talk somewhere else later?" "Um, okay. Sure. Come to my place,"Harrison said. I nodded. "Same address?"I asked. "Yup,"he answered.

"Okay, I'll come by later,"I sighed. Harrison smiled. "Alright. See you then,"I said. Harrison nodded and walked away.

I finished buying groceries and went home. I put the food and such away and changed into nicer clothes.

A bit later, I drove over to Harrison's house. All the memories flashed in my mind, making me smile a bit. Harrison made me so happy.

I took a deep breath and got out of the car. I knocked on the front door of the house and Harrison quickly opened the door. I gave him a small smile and greeted,"Hey Harrison." "Come in,"he said, moving aside to let me in.

We sat in his living room. The place really hadn't changed over the past 5 years.

Harrison said,"So, as I was saying in the store, I think we're meant to be. Honestly Cai. Don't you miss me at all?" "I do..."I trailed off. He exclaimed,"Exactly! Just give me a chance to be your boyfriend again." 

I sighed. "I don't know..." Harrison begged,"Please Cai, just one chance. I love you and I miss you so much." I bit my lip and nodded.

"Is that a yes?"he asked, smiling a little. I grinned and said,"Yes."

Harrison kissed me. I could feel him smile against my lips. That made me smile.

Hopefully this time everything goes right and we stay together.