The Dancer & The Basketball Player (Paul George) -Maria-

Woah, two updates in one day! That's surprising, huh? Well I really liked writing this one because 1. Paul George is one of my babies and I love him so so much, and 2. kingsmaria is one of my favourite people and she's done so much for me! So thanks Maria, and I really hope you like reading this as much as I liked writing it! (:

-Maria's POV-

I was backstage, getting ready to perform the hardest dance routine I've ever choreographed.

Being in the semi-finals of America's Got Talent is pretty terrifying. I've been getting so much support though and I always end up making it through to the next round every week somehow.

I took a deep breath as I waited for my turn to come. One of my fellow competitors, Alexis (who was a singer) came up to me. "Hey Maria, what's up with you and Paul George? I've been hearing a lot about you two being a couple,"she spoke.

I raised my eyebrows. "What? I've never even met him, let alone talk to him! Who's making all this up?"I exclaimed.

Alexis informed,"All I know is that Paul said you were his celebrity crush and then there's rumours that you two have been dating for a few weeks now."

My eyes widened. "I'm his celebrity crush? He knows who I am?"I questioned.

Alexis giggled and nodded. "Yup, and now everyone thinks you two are a couple."

I shook my head. "That's so dumb,"I sighed.

Great, just what I needed: distractions before a big performance. I started warming up, but all I could think about was Paul George.

Soon, it was time for me to perform. I walked onto the stage and heard the applause from the audience. I took a deep breath and smiled at the crowd before the music started playing. I made sure to show emotion and passion while I danced around the stage. Everything was blocked out from my mind as I glided across the floor.

As I ended my performance, the crowd erupted in applause. "Thank you, thank you,"I said while I blew kisses into the audience. All the judges were standing up.

I took a deep breath and smiled at Nick Cannon as he joined me on the stage. The judges gave me their great comments and I thanked them all.

As Nick was about to speak, Mel B interrupted him. "Wait, I got a question for you, young lady. I've been hearing rumours about you and this certain NBA player being together. Is that true? I just had to ask,"she said.

I immediately blushed. "No, it isn't true. I've never even talked to him before. I don't know where people are getting that from,"I quietly answered. "Okay, okay. Just wanted to make sure,"Mel B said. I laughed and nodded.

Nick Cannon wrapped his arm around my shoulder before saying,"That clears up some rumours that have been flying around. Well, if you want to see Maria in the finals, you all have to vote. Call the number on the screen or vote online."

After the show cut to commercial, I quickly ran off the stage and hugged Alexis. "You did so good out there, Maria! Oh my god. You made me so proud,"she gushed.

"Thank you so much. It was embarrassing though when they mentioned Paul,"I mumbled.

Alexis looked at her phone and gasped. "Oh my god, look Maria! Paul tweeted about you!"

I grabbed her phone and looked at Paul's tweet. It said: Maria looked so good tonight on AGT😍 I need to meet her. We're not dating btw!

My cheeks warmed up. He actually knows who I am... Woah.

The next night, I learned that I made it through to the finals. The fans had voted me through and I had burst into tears on live TV. Embarrassing, am I right? But I was just so happy and grateful. Unfortunately, Alexis didn't make it through.