Miscommunications (Chris McCollough) -Denise-

Hey guys! This one's for ordinarilydenise ! I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it (:

-Denise's POV-

"Go Chris!"I screamed, cheering on my boyfriend Chris McCullough as he played basketball. He scored and pointed at me with a wink.

Unfortunately, at the end of the game, Chris and his team had lost 105-91. He was really upset on the drive home.

"We lost by so much,"he muttered as we walked into the house. We sat down on the couch and he laid his head in my lap.

I ran my fingers through his hair as I tried to comfort him,"It's okay baby. You tried, and that's all that matters." "Denise, that doesn't matter! We still lost!"he shouted. I sighed and leaned down to kiss him.

"Please don't be so hard on yourself,"I said. Chris sat up and replied,"You're right. I'm sorry baby. I shouldn't take it out on you." I gave him a small smile. "It's okay,"I assured.

Chris got up as he informed me,"I'm going to go shower and change." I nodded and he kissed my forehead before walking upstairs.

Chris had left his phone on the couch and someone called, so I decided to answer the phone.

"Hello?"I answered. A woman said,"Um, hi. Is Chris there?"

Who is this woman? It was making me very suspicious.

"He's not here right now. Why?"I investigated. She answered,"Chris and I talked last night. He was busy so he told me to call him today."

My heart sunk. Is Chris cheating on me? I thought he loved me... But I guess I was wrong.

"I'll make sure to tell him you called,"I muttered before hanging up. I threw Chris's phone aside and got up.

I went up to Chris and I's room and started packing some clothes.

Chris came into the room with only a towel wrapped around his lower half. "Hey, what're you doing?"he asked. "Leaving,"I responded simply, slipping the bag onto my shoulder. Chris questioned,"What? Why?"

"Why don't you ask the woman that just called, huh? You seem to like her a lot,"I hissed. He asked,"What're you going on about Denise?"

I pushed past him, ignoring his question. He called,"Denise, hold up! Please stop!" I just kept walking. I got into the car and drove to my friend's house.

I was so angry at Chris. He promised that he would always be honest to me and that he would treat me right. What bullshit. I can't believe he would do this to me.

Chris called many times, but I ignored him every time. I didn't want to talk to him at all.

I slept over at my friend's, and in the morning I decided to go back home to collect more clothes. I walked into the house and was surprised at the sight.

There were smashed objects everywhere, and Chris was laying on the couch, sleeping. There were empty alcohol bottles all over the place. I got closer to Chris and noticed that his eyes were all puffy. Was he crying?

"Chris?" I shook him awake. He opened his eyes and immediately pulled me into a hug.

"Denise, I am so so sorry for whatever I did. I never want to lose you. I promise, I didn't do anything bad. Please believe me, Denise. Please,"he begged, hugging the crap out of me. I pushed him away.

"Tell me who that girl was,"I demanded, crossing my arms. He questioned,"The girl that called yesterday?" I nodded.

"It's not what you think it is. That was my cousin Jess. You know her,"he explained.

I suddenly felt really stupid. "Chris, I'm so sorry,"I apologized, taking his hands into mine.

He replied,"So you're not going to break up with me?" "Of course not baby. I love you. I just thought you were cheating on me,"I admitted shamefully.

Chris said,"Come on now. Why would I ever cheat on you? You're the greatest thing that's ever happened to me. Why would I ever want to jeopardize that?" I smiled a bit and kissed Chris.

"I'm sorry for not trusting you,"I sighed. He replied,"You should always trust me." "I know that now,"I mumbled before he kissed me passionately.

I pulled away and asked,"So, what happened around here? It looked like a tornado swept through here." Chris nervously chuckled. "I may or may not have gotten really upset and mad and trashed the whole house in anger."

I laughed and shook my head. "I love you so much Chris." "And Denise, I love you so much more."