Chapter 2. Square Up or Step Down

I am naturally a quiet, reserved person, but today I barely opened my mouth to breathe. I knew word had gotten out about my "supposed solo" so I tried to appear invisible. The more attention i drew the worse because Ariana and the Plastics were lurking around waiting to strike and put me down.

   Inevitably they spotted me after lunch on my way to, yes , the restroom. 'Perfect timing girls..' I thought to myself.

ARIANA: South Carolina the whinah ,I heard that you "dance."

ME: ...ya , I say all fidgety.

ARIANA: Well why don't you dance for me my trained monkey?(smirks maliciously)

   I try to run into the restroom cause I'm peeing in my pants but the girls pull me onto the floor and Ariana and her gargantuan ego hover over me. She must think that I ran to unleash the waterworks.
"You are going to dance tomorrow in the gym in front of everyone at the pep rally and you are going to lose this on going battle, your dignity, and some blood you little square," she said.
It surprised me that the idiot came  up with that. But I knew I had to prove myself.
   I stared at the tiles and uttered, "The only thing that I will be losing is these horrid names. If i do lose... I'll lose my sliver of pride.

   At dance all was well in my world. The dance atmosphere calmed my nerves. I started to learn my choreography. I lowered in splits with my lanky legs and transitioned into a turn sequence. I strutted to The Pink Panther playing in the background.

   After practice I thought about what I would do
tomorrow. How could I get out of it? I stressed about it all night. I decided to get some sleep. At least I had survived today.