Chapter 21

-Ashton's P.O.V-

I kissed her cold lips hoping that she would wake and smile her amazing smile. Hoping that this could be like the fairytale sleeping beauty. Or Snow White. But it's not. This is reality. I watched as the doctor went to put a blanket over her head but I stopped him. I know she's awake she has to be. This has to be a sick joke. No matter how hard I tried to convince myself I failed because the aching feeling in my chest just wouldn't go away. 

"I love you." I whispered to her as I closed her eyes. My heart hurt and my wolf wouldn't stop whimpering. I let out a pain filled howl. Soon my pack started howling back. They realized they lost their luna. What type of alpha am I? I couldn't even protect my own mate. I'm a failure. 

Memories of my mate running around laughing filled my mind and I sobbed harder. I miss her so much. I feel so numb. My tears fell into her beautiful pale face. I cried even harder. I was an alpha. I had a pack to take care of I wasn't supposed to show weakness. But everything that involved Jess was an exception. She was an exception. "Baby please." I trailed off my voice cracking "don't leave me" I whispered. 

Suddenly the door was thrown open.

"How is she?" Sky came running in with Luke, Mel, Calum and Michael not too far behind. 

"She's gone." I whispered so softly that if it wasn't for werewolf hearing they wouldn't have heard it. It felt as if everything happened in slow motion sky fell into Luke's arms sobbing, Mel was the same with Calum. I suddenly felt rage and envy. I couldn't hold Jess anymore. I couldn't feel her lips on mine. I got up and growled the most viscous growl I had ever done. I punched holes in the walls I broke vases. I knocked down all the supplies. She was gone and there was no way to fix it.

Why couldn't it be like those sappy fan fictions and books she used to read all the time. The ones where if something happens to the main character one chapter later they're all better and they live happily ever after. But no. This is cold harsh reality. Oh what I would give for that to be true. I want her back. I feel so broken. I'm nothing without her how am I supposed to lead a pack when I can't even stand up without collapsing down next to Jessica and crying. 

I held my head in my hands. The doctor had gone to see if there was anything he could do to save her on my command. He knew there was nothing we could do. Heck even I knew it but I'm not gonna stop trying. My wolf was whimpering and begging for his mate.
I got closer to the hospital bed where she was sleeping. I look at her beautiful face. I tried to think of everything, well anything I could do. 

"Ash..." Sky paused. "The witch"