Chapter 1

Looking out the bay window I could see our small amount of guest waiting. Nervousness and fear ran throw my body. My breathing turned shallow, my hands were sweaty. Turning away from the sight outside I paced the room which now seemed to be so small, my shoes clicking the floor. I looked around the room trying to help myself cool down these jitters where getting ridicules, but every bride has them, well that is what I'm told. The room had dark hardwood flooring; a small couch was sitting off in one of the corners and a full length mirror more or less in the center of the room. Stepping in front of the mirror I stared at my refection.

Eyes shining with excitement, a pink tint to my cheeks, my heart racing for this to be over. If I had know that these jitters were going to be this bad I would have just eloped. Slowly looking over my dress I could not stop the smile that took over my face. It was simply but beautiful I had picked it up in our travels without Nate knowing. Taking careful looks at the dress it was red with black and gold. Spaghetti straps held the dress up with black and gold at the top of the breast, it hugged the body snuggle and started to flair out around mid thigh coming to a small train with Black and gold around the bottom of the dress. It looked great and the fit was precise. My hair was done in a bun with some Chinese hair clips. The make-up was a little harder I wanted to look natural so I added a little red eye shadow and some lip gloss to my already pink lips.

Knock, Knock

I turned just as the door started to open. My mother walked in with tears in her eyes, I had never seen her cry this must before but this was a big day for her and me. She was losing a daughter but was gaining a son as well.

"Mom, please stop crying there is nothing to be sad about!" "These are not sad tears, but joyful ones. Now turn around so I can see my beautiful daughter." I spun just enough to make the dress float out where it flares so my mother could get the whole affect of the dress. You could hear her sniffle and breath in deeply to try to calm herself down. After looking in the mirror to make sure nothing was out of place after my little spin I walked forward to my mother, taking her into my arm for a hug. I let go just as Grace walked in, she was wearing her maid of honor dress which was a knee length black dress that had a slash tided around her waist which was gold. She had her hair in lose curls but she had died it red at the last moment, which had her hazel eyes standing out.

Staring at each other for a few minute, Grace put a smile on her face "It's time." Taking a large deep breath to relax the last bit of my nerves I walked out the door. As I walked my mind replayed everything that has happened in these last 8 months.