Chapter 38

Three long months. That's how long its been since he proposed to me. The day my life took an unexpected turn. When he first asked me those four little words I stood on the spot frozen. The moment had finally come, but I didn't know what to do. It wasn't what I wanted.

Alexander wasn't asking me because he loves me. He was asking me because He has no other choice. If I said no there would still be a wedding. The royal family has an image to keep. They promised the people a wedding and a wedding is what they would get.

Taking a deep breath, I breath in the hot air to calm down my nerves. Looking over the beautiful garden; I run my fingers over the stone railing of the balcony.

I have questions that I have to answer to myself before the wedding. Did I really want to marry Prince Alexander? Did I want to spend the rest of my life with him in a one sided relationship? How would this affect my little sister? I couldn't make a choice, cause in the end I knew I couldn't run from it.

I would be hunted down until they found me. The queen herself would tie me to a chair and force me to marry him. Whatever I decided didn't matter. My fate is sealed. The only option I have is to make Alexander love me again.

It is the only way, and hopefully life will turn to a more brighter side. "Sister." Looking over my shoulder I see Libby standing by the balcony door. I must have been so lost in my thoughts that I didn't see her come in.

She looks gorgeous on this beautiful day. Her long brown hair has been braided from the left side of her head wrapped around the back and delicately placed on her right shoulder. A blue ribbon runs through the braid and is tied in a bow at the end.

I hope her innocence stays intact after everything is over. She is the most innocent of all and I don't know what I would do if she got hurt. "It is going to be okay. You have wanted this moment since forever. He loves you sister, I know he does. He may still be mad at you, he may ignore you, but behind the scenes he does everything he can to protect you." Does Libby know something that I don't know? Turning back to the garden I see the flowers have started blooming, and that is when I realize my sister is growing up. One day she is going to set off on her own life leaving me behind. "It is time to get dressed." I take a photo of the garden in my memory before I turn around walking back inside.

The ring on my finger sparkles in the sunlight from outside. It is the first thing people notice when they see me. It weighed and cost more than anything that I own. Custom made just to fit me. The only thing this ring got me was my sex life back. That's all. After our passionate moments together he would leave me all by myself. To do work he would claim. He would leave me to wallow in my tears, feeling used.

Taking off my robe I'm helped into my amazingly custom designed dress that I let Rose design for me. The sleeves have sheer material with with lace detailing that ends at my waist band then my white dress flows out from my body. I had to look modest during my wedding and surprisingly this got approved. The king and queen have tried to be less strict to me since there son has showed little interest to me. Everyone has seen the bags under my eyes when I sulk around the palace. Alexander is always out and about while I am stuck here.

"Princess." The staff have started calling me princess after I got engaged. The tiara that I designed is held in front of me and it looks amazing. After the fitting we sketched my tiara, but I never thought it would look this good. Bending down she puts it on my head. Closing my eyes I turn back around opening them while looking in the mirror. I never thought it would look this good. I look like a real princess. "Wheres the veil?" One of my dress designers yell at her staff.

Someone pins the veil to my head straightening it out then walking beside me. "You've got this." Rose smiles at me.

"Just make sure I don't trip."

Unbrokenजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें