Chapter 36

Chasing the bunny I hop over the tall grass. All I want to do is pet him, and touch his little white fur ball tail. I almost had him once, but this stupid grass is very noisy. I also didn't know how cautious bunnies were. It was looking at me for a while before he started hopping his way off.

Finally he stops just at the edge of the tall grass. Ducking down I watch as he puts his head down and that's when I strike. Jumping out I reach out for the bunny only for the grass to cave in. Tumbling down I hit my head on something sharp. By sharp I mean I pointed stick.

Looking at the walls around me it's just packed dirt on dirt, and under me is the grass that caved in. Looking up I see the blue sky with the clouds slowly moving across the sky, and that darn bunny staring down at me. He moves his head to the left and then to the right as if he's making fun of me. Sticking my tongue out he turns and hops away. Great now I'm all alone in this hole in the middle of nowhere with bugs. I should have listened when mother told me not to go playing by myself. My adventure has failed. Maybe John was right, six year olds can't go to adventure academy yet.

"Wake up Arabella." My eye snap open to see a doctor standing over me. "There you go." Looking behind him I see Alexander looking at me with no expression on his face, and that's what scares me the most.

"Why am I in a hospital, and why are all the lights out?" The last thing I remember is Alexander slamming the door as he walked out the meeting. The meeting where they decided our fate. We have to get married.

"You passed out." Alexander replies before the doctor can.

The last thing I remember is someone screaming my name. "Yes you did," the doctor tells me as he glances between me and his Prince. "You hit your head quite hard. You have a concussion. Artificial light will only make it worse."

"From the table?" If I remember I was sitting at a table. I don't know you could get a concussion from a table.

The movement from the doctor gives me all the information the need. The slight glance he gave to Alexander gives me reason to believe he has something to do with my concussion. Figures since he hates me so much.

"No, the prince was carrying you down the hall after you passed out, when he turned the corner your head hit the wall and you fell slamming your head on another table that was against the wall." That's just great. "You are still in the palace. I rushed here as fast as I could." Great.

"Can I leave now?" I'm tired of being examined by doctors.

"No, we're pumping food into you right now. The reason you passed out is because of malnutrition. You haven't been eating have you." Turning my head I close my eyes. I just want to be left alone.

"Give us a moment please." I hear Alexander ask the doctor.

"Just, don't stress her out please." The doctor stress as he leaves.

We sit in silence for a while. I only hear him typing on his phone rapidly. Turning my head I open my eye to see him staring at me.

"Look who decided to finally look at me." Like he wants to even look at me. He has avoided even the slightest touch from ever since I got back. "So are you happy?" What do I have to be happy about? The man I love hates me. I killed his child. I killed our child. Why would I be happy?

What is there to be happy about? "About what?" I ask.

Why is it that every time something happens he blames me. "You tried to kill yourself right? Starving yourself so much that your ribs stand out. Your face looks sunken in and your legs look like they are just made of bones. Did you really think we would let you die? I might hate you, but you're not getting out of this that easily Arabella. It was my child to, but you don't see me moping around." You also didn't have your baby beat out if you.