Chapter 2: Newly Bewitched

Author's Note:

Hey, I'm sorry that the update was 1 day late past the estimated time, but hopefully you all will forgive me. The chapter is also a bit shorter, but I found that the place where I stopped was perfect timing.

The picture included is of a werewolf. I thought it looked cool. Plus, you'll see that a certain character is confirmed one. ;)

I don't have much else to say right now since not too many people read the book yet, but for those that do...

Enjoy the next chapter to The Warlock's Curse :) **********************************

"Ugghh..." Annabelle groaned in her bed, hearing the familiar (and annoying) sound of her alarm clock. She flipped on her side and tried to turn it off with a whack of her hand, but realized that it was on her dresser, across the room. She squinted to read the clock, as she was near-sighted, seeing that it read '5:30 AM'.

"UGGH..." she groaned some more after remembering her mom moving the alarm clock to get her out of bed in the mornings.

She slowly began to remember everything that had happened. After going unconscious, seeing the werewolf boy, and realizing she was a witch, she ran back home to tell her mother, only to realize that she couldn't. So instead, Anna told her that she had a great time last night, and was glad to have gone to the dance when it was truly the complete opposite after what happened.

"I really don't need this right now. After what happened last night, I think I definitely deserve a day off!" she thought as she reluctantly got out of her bed and put the alarm to sleep.

But she couldn't get the day off, not without explaining what happened to her mother, and skipping school is definitely out of the question. Her teachers would track her down and murder her themselves.

Facing the mirror, she analyzed her current state after last night, seeing that her light blonde hair was knotted, pinkish lips were chapped, and emerald eyes carried sleeping bags under them.

"I look awful... Man, I really need to clean myself up."

Before she went to get ready, she noticed a small shimmer around her neck, causing her to remember the necklace.

"That's weird. I could've sworn that I took it off before I went to sleep."

She glanced at her annoying alarm clock once more and saw '5:40'. Realizing school starts in 25 minutes, she shook the thoughts out of her head and rapidly began getting ready for school. (Yes, her school starts EXTREMELY early!)

Annabelle brushed her teeth and hair, ate breakfast, and finally was picking out her outfit, which was nothing too girly, of course. After she was done dressing, she took another look in the mirror and stared at the necklace.

"Well, I'm not taking this horrid thing to school..."

She placed her hands on the ends of the necklace and unhooked it off, putting it under the clothes in her dresser. She didn't want her mom finding it when doing the laundry. ***********************************

Annabelle reached Greenwood High after her usual morning walk. She couldn't help but feel as if she was being watched, thinking it was Dratchen after her again. She tried to shake the feeling off and headed inside, already a bit late to school.

As Annabelle entered the school, she was greeted with students by their lockers staring at her and whispering.

"Well, now I really AM being watched," she thought, mentally shaking her head.