"Last time we were here, you saved me from being thrown off this very building," I said, eager to ask him the billions of questions that I had been hoarding away in my mind.

"You can't write about me." He decided authoritatively, turning around to face me. All I could make out in the poor lighting of the thin moon and the dull city lights was dark grease smeared around his eyes. The familiar silhouette of his bow appeared as a dark shadow on his back.

"Why not?" I questioned, taking a step forward. Just as I did, he took a step back, keeping his distance. I chuckled. "It wasn't the kiss, was it?" I joked, remembering the last time we had met and he had saved my life. "Don't worry. I don't go around kissing any dark-hooded vigilante that comes around."

"Find a new topic to write about." He demanded impatiently. Clearly, he didn't share the same sense of humor.

"Why?! People need to know who you are! Not your true identity, I get why you operate anonymously. But they need to see that you're a hero, not a criminal!" I declared, crossing my arms over my chest at the cold air nipped at my bare arms. My feet were freezing by now and the chill was setting into my bones. "The police want your head on a pike," I informed him, though I was fairly certain he would have already known this fact. "Especially Detective Quentin Lance."

"Lance is the least of my problems." He said. "I'm more worried about a nosy, overbearing reporter writing about my every little action."

"I'm trying to help you!" I snapped at the Hood, who was being particularly stubborn tonight.

"I don't need your help!" He called back, his voice booming and echoing around the rooftop.

I scoffed at the Hood. "So your plan is to take down every last criminal in Starling City single-handedly?" I questioned skeptically, raising an eyebrow at him. "If an entire police force can't eradicate this city of criminals, then how is it you believe you can do it on your own? Even if you are some... specially trained, ninja super soldier?" I tested dubiously.

"I'm not restricted by the same protocols as the police. I'm not a detective."

"Right. You're a vigilante. That's what they're calling you, right? Cops don't like vigilantes!" I argued with him. "How do you plan to continue flying under the radar, taking out high-risk targets while you're being hunted down like a serial killer by the police department, huh?"

"Stop looking into me. You're going to get yourself hurt."

The Hood was gone as quickly as he had come, leaving me in the chilly night breeze, staring off onto an empty roof.

I returned to my apartment just as a familiar face was raising his fist to knock on the door. "Tommy?" I recognized. He spun around to face me. He seemed a bit frazzled, but he still took notice of my strange attire to be out of the apartment. He ignored any questions that might have developed in his head and greeted me.

"Kate."

"What are you doing here?" I wondered, crossing my arms over my chest.

"I thought we could talk. Inside, maybe?" He suggested, gesturing over his shoulder at the closed apartment door. I walked around him and opened the door, which I hadn't wasted time locking before running out to meet the Arrow.

I led him inside and he closed the door behind himself. "Kate, I've been thinking a lot and I think it's a mistake."

"What is?"

"Us not being together." He clarified.

"Tommy–"

"Karter, the time we were together was the best time of my life. It made me feel like my life actually had meaning." He started, taking my hand and sitting on the couch, guiding me down next to him. "I hate who I used to be. I'm trying to change. I really am. And I'm doing that for you. Because I love you.

"We don't have to rush back into things. I know I freaked you out with the ring and the proposal... I'm sorry. But we can go back to watching the Walking Dead on the weekends and having lunch at Little Corner Deli. I just want us to be back together. I want to be a better man for you. Let me prove myself."

I stared into his stormy grey eyes. His eyes always seemed so full of emotion, so honest. I was too entranced by the silver orbs that I didn't notice he had begun leaning forward and I had started mimicking the motion. Our lips met softly and hesitantly. I was the first to pull away, but Tommy seemed to think the brief kiss was enough.

"I need time, Tommy." I told him and his eyebrows creased into a disappointed expression as his face fell and his head dropped. "I still have feelings for you. I always will, but I can't just jump back into the way we were if I don't trust you.

"Prove to me that you can be better and that I can trust you and maybe– maybe– I'll consider us getting back together."

Tommy's face lit up. "That's all I want, Kate. I will prove that I can be the man you deserve."