Chapter 8

The long driveway seems foreboding as I slowly creep up to the house, the sounds of my knocking engine my only comfort. Noticing several other cars parked along the driveway I pull up next to a familiar green VW Bug, Willa's bug. Looking at the rest of the vehicles I recognize the twins car, their brothers bike, and, I think, the five missing students cars. Jumping out I quickly look in each one, hoping I can find some evidence that the kids are alive. The stillness was unnerving, and I clenched my keyes in my hand tightly, every nerve ending screaming at me to get in Big Red, and go. But why wouldn't my feet move.

Making up my mind to go and get help,or at the very least Casey, I don't even manage one step before the door swings open.

"Elisea you made it!" A high pitched voice squeals and the air is squeezed out of me in a bone crushing hug.

"Can't. Breathe." I choke out before I am let go and drop like a sack of potatoes gasping for air. Looking up I'm met with hazel eyes and a look of concern as Willa chews on her thumb nail nervously.

"Oopsie, looks like I over did it there with the hug. Sorry Lisa, I'm still getting used to this myself, plus everyone is already awoken so it doesn't hurt them as much- but of course that won't matter once yo-"

"Elisea, how nice of you to drop by." Jace says smiling down at me and putting a hand on Willa's shoulder.

"I should go get everyone, they'll be so excited that you finally arrived." Willa crows before disappearing into the house. Blinking slowly I stand up, trying to process what I just saw.

"Weelll, I'm asuming that you came for some answers about the missing persons. Why don't you come inside?" Before I can say anything it feels like a weight is pressed over my mouth and my body starts to move on its own, moving behind Jace as he leads me though the brightly light rooms, not seeing, but rather hearing Willa's excited voice though the walls, although muffled.

As we approach this huge wooden door, a rich chesnut colour and polished to a near perfect refection; I hear the voices are decidedly louder and definitly coming from behind. Sliding open soundlessly at the lightest touch I walk into an enormous library, at least three stories high, every wall covered floor to ceiling in books of every age, some so worn they look like they would fall apart at the slightest touch. The only breaks in the never ending realm of literature are huge french doors, currently stood open to accomodate the cool autumn breeze. Couches arranged in a circle stand center to the room, and there are people sitting on each of them, some buried in books or talking to one another, all conversation stops as eyes focus on Jace. Or should I say, me, the elephant in the room.
Willa, looking bubbly as ever, jumps up excitedly.

"See? See? I told you guys she came. Just like the twins said she would. Another sister."

"Sister?" I spit out incredulously earning a look of shock from Jace. Raya closes her book and looks at me admiringly.

"Unawoken, and unaware. And she was still able to break free from you, Jace."

"Unawoken? What? Look, I came here to find out what the hell you did to the other kids who went missing from the school. But clearly they've just been playing hooky here! Do you guys even know the kind of trouble you've stirred up? Missing person reports, full on man hunts. Your parents and classmates are terrified and worried sick and here you all are, playing house with the Hartwell kids? Are you kidding me? Give me one good reson why I shouldn't be calling the cops and getting you all arrested?! " Gesturing angrily I'm all but shouting at them, everyone looking at me with sympathy, and even pity. My body shaking I feel dizzy with white hot rage. Don't they KNOW the kind of trouble they've stirred up?

Slowly standing up, cautiously, Raya walks around the cirlce of couches arms held slightly out from her sides, as if wary of a cornered animal. She lightly places her hands on my shoulders to keep me in place and it's only then I realize I've been pacing. "It's not quite so cut and dry Elisea. If you would sit, maybe we can help explain?" Carefully speaking in a soft tone her voice cooly washes over me, numbing my anger, but leaving me confused. What is wrong with my head today?

Placing a hand on my head I take a deep breath, trying to collect myself, suddenly feeling very tired. "I suppose I can at least hear you out."

At first it takes a moment for everyone to register I'm not going to call the police, but soon everyone is seated in the cluster of couches facing one another, all eyes on me while mine are fixed on Raya.

"To tell you the truth you're probably not going to believe me, or anything I say. You'll probably call us all crazy and demand to leave. But to give you and idea of whats going on, I'm going to have to take you back and tell you the circumstances that happened before our tale can even begin. My only request is that you keep an open mind, and try to hear the whole thing before dismissing it as pure bull shit." Raising my brows incredulously at her I nod for her to continue.

Sorry this one is a little short, but at least I was able to get it up faster! yay! I'm not sure but I may make chapters shorter to be able to update faster. I'm so sorry I take so long work is killing me. But I'm trying to get better. I appreciate you sticking with me.