Chapter 1

Blake checked the time on his watch, 1230 hours it showed. He got up from his seat as he sighed heavily.

'Leaving early today?' Matthew questioned.

Blake didn't want to answer him, he was never in good terms with his colleagues and Matthew's curiosity was only testing his patience. Blake looked at him uncomfortably as he continued walking towards the exit. 

'Are you deaf, Blake?' Matthew kept following him in close proximity. Blake was getting even more furious, he didn't want to hurt Matthew but that seemed like the only option to him now. 

Blake stopped in his tracks as he turned to meet Matthew. In that moment, he knew he had lost every hope he had of saving his job and probably his life. He knew he had an illness, a disorder and now the world would know it. 

'What are you doing?' Matthew took steps back as Blake curled his fingers into a fist. A strong blow was enough to knock him to the ground, unconscious. Blake felt satisfied, even though he didn't touch him yet. 

He opened his eyes, he was near the elevator. Matthew was no where. He looked back at the numerous small cubicles and saw Matthew flirting his way into a fellow colleagues pants.

'This cannot be happening to me. I'm not crazy.'  Blake reassured himself, as he felt his sanity slipping out of his fingers like sand.    

The golden doors of the elevator showed him a distorted reflection of himself, he started at it for what felt like ages to him until with a soft beep the doors opened up. 

'Which floor, sir?' Roberto questioned.

'Parking.'

Roberto pressed a button, as the elevator started descending. Blake often compared the descent of the elevator with his life and somehow, it always fit his perception. 

The elevator doors slid aside as they reached the Parking. 'Have a good day, sir.' Roberto lifted his hat in respect.

Blake looked at him with a straight face, it had always been that way. He never smiled at anybody, he behaved like a machine. 

He took the card out of his pocket as he checked the address, it wasn't very far from his office building, but he still chose to drive. 

He waited for the light to turn green at the signal, trying his best to ignore the impatient moron honking behind him. Had this been another day, the moron wouldn't have lived to see daylight. 

Blake lifted his eyes up to look into the rear view mirror, the reflection showed a man not very aged sitting comfortably in a red car, honking. Blake smiled as he thought about the numerous things he could do to hurt him. He knew his thoughts were not normal, they were sadistic. His thought process was disrupted as he saw the lights turn green. He drove off to his destination smiling at that fact that he retained control over the thoughts that could've landed him in trouble.  

                                                                                        ****