Chapter 27

Jake

Kye clung to me. "I'm s-s-so sorry...I w-was so we-r-wrong..." "Shhhhhh. Ahh. It's okay. We'll worry about that later. Are you okay?"
Kye looked at me, her eyes brimming with tears. "No...I will never be okay." "Why Angel?" "Because...I am broken. I'm broken because of Izzy and your sister, because of Randy, and my screwed up life. I pushed you away, too...so I'm broken. No one can fix me." "That's not true at all angel. I can...I can heal you. You are my mate and matter to me so much. I love you." "Even after the way I treated you?" "Of course. A wolf's love for his mate is everlasting and strong. I have, and always will, love you." "But I haven't been honest with you..."

*Flashback to a few moments before*
Kye

I had never been happier to see anyone in my life. Jake grabbed Randy, throwing him off of me. Jake then threw Randy into a tree. After he was sure that Randy was secure and unconscious, he knelt before me. "Angel?" "He can still hurt me," I whispered. "A good warrior never kills, even though it may bring you joy. A good warrior injures and leaves the bad guy to be tortured by the alpha and his own guilt." I tried to smile but ended up crying instead.
"Kye, look at me." I did because looking at Jake was far better than looking at Randy's crumpled form tied against a tree. "What did he do to you angel?" I looked down, not wanting at all to meet his gaze. "Kye," Jake said sternly. His voice softened when he saw my face. "You have to talk to me angel. What did he do to you?" "He...he...he..." I couldn't say it. I gestured to myself and then to the clothes littering the ground. "Did he go through with it?" Jake asked, so quiet that I was barely sure that I had heard him at all. "Yes," I whispered.

Jake

"Yes." That single word fueled my whole existence. It made me see red. I used to think that seeing red was just an expression, but that's not true. Ask anyone who has been livid to the point of wanting to kill, and they'll tell you. I took a deep breath, trying to suppress Cayne.
"How the fuck dare he"'Cayne
"Shhhh. I know. But we can't right now...we can't scare mate. She's hurting as it is"'me
Cayne quieted down slightly. "Baby doll, it's okay." Kye flinched at the word baby doll. She curled up into a ball on the ground. Slowly, I stood and grabbed her clothes. After handing Kye her clothes, I turned respectfully, so that she could change.
"I'm sorry." "Sorry for what angel?" "For being someone's sloppy seconds...you don't deserve that." "Kye, you are not sloppy seconds. He raped you once, and that wasn't your fault." "That's not true," Kye said quietly, spinning a disheveled lock of hair around her finger. "What do you mean?" I scrunched up my brows in perplexity. "Twice," Kye whispered.
If I thought I was seeing red before, I was seeing blood now. I could barely restrain Cayne, nearly letting him slip out. I asked Kye whether she wanted us to deal with the pack way or the police way.
She chewed on a thumb nail. "I think...the pack way." I smiled. She was definitely my mate. "Why?" I asked out of curiosity. "Because...I love you and all that loving you entails," she said, looking down. My heart flourished with pride at my girl

*Flashback over*
Kye

A few minutes after the incident, as I now call it, some men arrived to take Randy to the holding center. I told Jake that I didn't want to see that man before he died. I didn't care if I looked like a coward. I couldn't go through that again.
"No one will make you angel. It's completely up to you." "Thank you," I whispered. "Can we talk?" Jake asked. I picked at my fingers. "About what?" "Earlier, you said that you haven't been completely honest with me. I don't know whether or not you want to try for a relations..." I cut him off. "Yes. I do." Jake smiled sheepishly. "Then, I need to know what is going on." "I really don't want to talk about it." "But you have to angel. Can you do it for me? I'll be right here the whole time to keep you safe." "Promise?" "I promise baby."

Jake

Kye took a deep breath. It started a short time before the..." She paused. "Accident. I started going to parties and hanging with the wrong kind of people because I just wanted really to fit in and be cool. I tried coacane like once. I kind of liked it, but it still scared me. I was dating Randy at the time. I found out that he was a major dealer, even to little kids..." I nodded. "It's okay. You can go on angel."
"Okay...I had convinced Kayley to come to a party with me. We both snorted some. It was Kayley's first time. I was all drugged up on god know's what...I have no clue what was in my drink or what. Randy did what he did to me today. When I finally escaped and ran out of the room, Kayley was laying unconscious on the floor. She had overdosed and nearly died. After I called 9-1-1, I called the police and turned in Randy. He went to prison and promised to make me pay." A single tear squeezed it's way out of Ky'es eye and down her face. My parents knew about the drugs in the drink, but not about the other stuff. Since then, I did marijuana once and kind of enjoyed it. But then I abstained from all drugs and have been clean ever since. But i feel guilt for nearly killing Kayley and letting Randy do those things to me. I am so weak, and I absolutely hate it. I swear to god Jake I am not like that anymore. I sswear. I am freeking weak, but I'm no longer so stupid." By the end of her little speech, Kye had become downright angry. She struck out, punching the tree that Randy had been tied to. She punced it over and over again, ignoring my protests. Finally, she slumped on the ground.
"Do you still love me?" She asked.
I grabbed Kye's hands, encasing them in my larger ones. I kissed each of her split nuckels.
"I will love you as long as the stars and moon hang in the sky and forever more."