Chapter 15

Kye (1 week later)

Ugh...I had woken up sick and was going absolutely stir crazy. I knew that it was only one day, but I was stressing because I was supposed to take three tests that day. My parents had to attend some dinner at work, and Johnny and I were supposed to go. Seeing that I was sick, I got out of it, score one for me, and they took Johnny with them. When Jake heard that I was sick and that my parents had to leave, he insisted that he would come over. I argued that I didn't need a babysitter and that I was fine, but he would have none of it. So he ended up coming over, much to my despair because I would have rather him not see me looking so ugh. That's the only word I could think to use to describe my appearance.

The doorbell rang, so I slowly walked downstairs. I walked down stairs in baggy sweatpants and an oversized hoody that had belonged to Jake. "Hi," he said brightly when I opened the door. "Hey," I responded, letting him inside. "How are you feeling?" He asked, seeming really concerned. "I'm fine," I lied. In reality, I felt like I had been hit by a truck, but Jake didn't need to know that.

Jake had a take-out kind of bag in one hand, and he leaned in for a quik hug while gently cupping my face with the other. "I don't want to get you sick," I warned. "Oh well." I saw a devilish grin spread across his features. "I'll do anything to spend time with you Kye."

"What did ya bring me?" I asked, sitting down on the couch because I had grown tired from standing. Jake sat, as well. He pulled out a container of cheese and broccoli soup from my favorite little deli in town. "Oh my god!" I smiled for the first time that day. "How did you know?" He just smiled. "I just did." I turned to him, kissing him lightly on the cheek. "Wow, now I definitely don't mind if I get sick."

It actually turned out to be a great night, besides the fact that I was constantly having to blow my nose and that I wasn't really up for talking. Jake seemed to get it and was satisfied to just hold me. We watched the movie together, and I ate the soup Jake had brought me. Jake always rented the best movies!

Jake

I felt bad for my angel, being that she was so sick and all. I knew that it was just the flu or a bad cold or something, but no one can prepare you for how hard it actually is to see your mate in any kind of pain. She was surprised with soup and even ate some of it. Then, Kye just snuggled up to me while we. Watched the movie. About halfway through, Kye fell asleep. I felt especially bad for her because her sleep seemed fitful. Her feverish body snuggled up to me even more, causing both Cayne and I to per softly.

Jake (1 week later)

I woke up feeling awful. I glanced at my phone to see that it was 10:30! I thought back but couldn't remember the last time I had slept in this late. Wow, I must be really sick, I thought. My Mom poked her head in asking if I was feeling okay. She, too, was accustomed to my being an early-riser. I told her that my alarm hadn't gone off and that I was fine and would start training.

I hit the track extra hard that day, despite the fact that I felt dizzy and feverish. I lifted weights and even did some bike work. Finally, I decided to scale one of the many training walls that the pack had just installed to build balance and flexibility in its warriors. Wow, was that a bad idea.

A/N: I picture the training wall to be a 20 ft tall rock wall that the wolves use to train and perform certain strength exercises, in case you were wondering. This chapter is kind of interesting because I'm not sure how I'm going to connect it into the plot, yet.
Thanks for reading! :)