Chapter 17

Kye

A doctor led me into Jake's room. "Oh my god!" I gasped, covering my mouth with my hand. "He fell about 3 stories, but thanks to his wolf healing, he was able to survive." I couldn't understand what he was saying for the life of me. What was he talking about? Jake is human.What kind of cruel joke is this?

I was so consumed with confusion and worry that I nearly missed the doctor describing Jake's injuries. "He broke his left wrist, four ribs, three fingers, and two toes. He has quite a lot of bruising and a pretty severe concussion. He currently is running a fever, so we're looking into what is causing that."I glanced at Jake. He looked so small, almost like a child. His face was a rainbow of bruises in various shades of black, blue, and purple. My heart ached for him. I then explained to the doctor that I thought that Jake probably caught the fever from me. Just before the doctor turned to leave, I asked "when will he wake up?" "Any time now. His body is just recovering from the shock of the pain."

Just then, I heard a scuffle arise outside the door. "What the hell do you think you're doing on my pack grounds, you filthy rogue?"I heard someone being punched. I threw open the door. Two men were in the hall, one towering the other, who was on the floor. "Do you hear me?" The one man growled. "I just wanted to bring in your injured warrior.'" I stepped into the hall, totally disregarding the doctor's hand on my  arm. I didn't want the man to hit the other again if I could help it.

"Are you the one who called me?" I asked the  man huddled on the floor. He nodded, and then to my shock, he started to cry. "He called me because Jake had fallen off of a training wall. I convinced him to bring Jake to the hospital, even though he said he would get in trouble." "I don't care," the man growled. I heard the sounds of bones cracking and doing what I now call reforming. A huge, black wolf towered before me. The wolf lunged at the man, who shifted into a wolf, as well. His wolf was small, skinny, and blond. I watched in horror as the black wolf shredded the smaller wolf before growling and turning to me.

I heard some shuffling and turned to see Jake standing. "Jake, no," I screamed. Jake jumped into the air, reforming into a steel grey wolf with anauburn patch between its ears. He pounced on the black wolf who now had his teeth bared at me. After a few moments of struggling, the black wolf showed its neck before retreating.

Jake switched back to human form and was completely naked. I tried not to notice his perfect muscles when he did. Suddenly, Jake groaned, before falling to the floor. I swooped in, catching him just in time. I turned to the doctor, who I had forgot was there. "Help me," I said. The doctor seemed to be frozen, I slapped him in the face. He jolted back to life, gently lifting Jake from my arms and placing him on the bed. After checking for a pulse, the doctor seemed to scream "code red" to anyone who would listen. I was shoved from the room as doctors and nurses crowded in.

A/N: Hmmm...this chapter is interesting. What did you guys think?
Thanks for reading as always!!