Chapter 20: Jack

"Elsa!"

"What do you want?" Elsa demands, setting down her poetry book.

"I want to go smash something. Do want to go with me while I rob a convenience store?" I ask hopefully.

Elsa gives me a look that plainly says her answer, and buries her nose back into her book.

I wait a moment or two.

"Please?"

"No."

"Please?"

"No."

"C'mon, sweetheart! You can just wait in the van while Hiccup and I go grab a few packages of Kools." I say.

"Stealing is bad." Elsa says, getting up off her window seat. "The poor owner of the store spent money to buy the things you plan on stealing!"

I glare at her. "Fine, I won't steal anything. Will you come, now?"

Elsa puts her book on the shelf and pulls off her jacket, fiddling with the tie. "Fine, I guess," She says nervously, "As long as nothing illegal goes on."

"Yes!"

After a quick call to Hiccup, Elsa and I stand outside the mansion, waiting for the van to show up. After about ten minutes, I hear the engine and see a little black dot, which quickly turns into Hiccup driving the van.

He pulls over. "Oh, we're taking the little lady with us again?" Hiccup asked, grinning at Elsa.

"Ha-ha." Elsa says sarcastically, smiling.

"You wanna ride up front?" I ask. She looks surprised.

"S-sure."

I get in the back and Elsa takes shotgun. Hiccup smirks at us, raising an eyebrow. "Just get married already."

"HICCUP!" Elsa and I both shout.

"Only kidding, only kidding." Hiccup snickers. "Anyways, where to?"

"Try the Nightly Double." I suggest.

"Nice."

"Um," Elsa pops up. "What's the Nightly Double?"

"It's a theater," I explain, "And it's called the Nightly Double because they only play two movies a night."

"That makes no sense."

"Let me finish, Elsa. The two movies that they play never have been released yet, so we'd be the first ones to see them. It's usually really cheap, because, you know, it's kind of illegal and people gamble there." I say.

"Jack!" Elsa cries. "You promised we wouldn't do anything illegal!"

Hiccup gives me a look. "You said what, now? Since when does Jack not want to do illegal stuff?"

"She wouldn't come if I didn't promise." I shrug.

"So, you must've really wanted her to come, then." Hiccup grins, stopping at a red light. "Like I said, get married."

Both me and Elsa's faces are red. I did want her to come, but... Not like that... Eh. Maybe a little.

"Anyways," I say loudly, "It'll be free for us, cause I know a guy who works there."

"What are we seeing?" Elsa asks warily.

"I was thinking something scary." I grin. Hiccup laughs, but Elsa just stares at us like we're crazy.

"I've never seen a movie."

Hiccup slams on the brakes and our heads go forward. I swear as I nearly eat the dashboard. Hic turns around, his eyes huge with disbelief. "You never seen a movie? What is wrong with your family?"