Chapter 15: Elsa

Okay, I have a question to answer! Yaaay! 

Melcorea109: When is Jelsa going to happen?

Hehehe, right now, actually. *Fangirls over Jelsa* *Squeals* *Knocks over table*

__________________________________________________

"The... The Snugly Duckling?" I ask as Hiccup pulls into the parking lot. When Jack and Hiccup first confirmed it on the way here, I didn't believe them. But, now, there's a sign right outside a dingy looking pub with a yellow duckling painted on.

"This place is awesome." Jack tells me, "Especially at two in the morning."

"Let's go." Hiccup says, giving me a dirty look. I don't think he likes me. I give him a glare and get out of the van.

"You're coming in?" Jack sounds surprised.

"I don't intend to wait in the car." I counter.

"You know, I think you'll love it in here." Jack says, grinning. "It's clean, all the guys are great-"

I know he was teasing me the minute he opens the door.

The floor is nasty, black, covered with dirt and blood, and -by the look of that guy over there- soon to be vomit. The people are all the same: Tattooed, tall, mean-looking, dirty, with facial piercings. All the girls are either wearing too much clothing or hardly any at all.

I can't help it, and gasp, a shriek bursting past my lips.

"I think you'll fit right in!" Jack laughs.

He strolls right in, Hiccup following him, smirking at me. I don't want to be standing in the doorway with all those thugs, so I quickly catch up, grabbing the sleeve to Jack's leather jacket. People here seem to know him pretty well.

Jack knows exactly how to act here. Indifferent, as though you don't really care and could be doing other things.

"Hi, Jack!" A few girls sitting on the table sing, waving. Jack grins at them. One of them blows a kiss and winks.

I glare. For some reason, I find myself hating them.

"Let's get away from them." I fume. "Go talk to someone else."

"Why?"

"Because they're annoying me."

"Whatever you say, sweetheart." Jack says, rolling his eyes. "There's someone I want you to meet."

"Good. Don't call me sweetheart. And who are you taking me to meet?" I demand.

Hiccup laughs. "You're going to love her."

We continue are way through the crowd. While we were outside, I thought the place was pretty small, but being inside offers a different perspective.

As we're walking, Jack stops. His eyes narrow.

"What's up?" Hiccup asks. "Why's you stop?"

"Hans," says Jack. 

"Damn, can't wait to see this play out."

The man Jack is talking about makes his way over to us. He has a friendly smile, but his eyes are like Papa's: cold, aware, sharp, and intelligent.

"Hey, Jack. You too, Hic." Hans says. He has rusty red hair and blue eyes. His clothes are all black and he's shirtless; I can see the tattoos traveling up his chest.

Jack doesn't return the greeting. "You-"

"Who's this?" Hans asks. He reaches out, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.