TWO || Tutoring

"Okay class I hope you learned just how evil Hitler was but also just how effective his plan was to take over Germany," Mr Matthews addressed the class just as the bell rang and everyone stood up clearing up their things.

"Oh Riley and Farkle please could you stay behind for a moment please?" My dad looked at me and Farkle. I exchanged a glance with Farkle as we waited till everyone else went out the classroom.

"I'll see you later," Maya patted my back and walked out of the classroom with Lucas and Zay.

I fiddled with the sleeve of my cardigan, looking back at my dad who stood there looking at the both of us.

"Riley let's just forget about what happened in today's class," My dad sighed shaking his head at me.

My cheeks flamed when I remembered that I've been caught in one of my endless daydreams.

"However other teachers have pointed it out to me that you have not been paying attention in their classes, whether it's messing about with Maya or daydreaming, whatever you call it," my dad continued.

"So I think it's perfectly acceptable for you to be tutored for at least two hours everyday," My dad finished and I looked at him with my mouth open.

"Me. Tutor?" I mutter in disbelief.

"I'm sorry Riley I can't help it. Sooner or later your grades are going to be slipping and don't forget about the permanent record thing," My dad says exasperated.

I looked at him ready to complain.

"Mr Matthews what about me?" I jumped when I heard Farkle's voice. I forgot he was there for a moment.

"Farkle I would like you to tutor Riley in any of her subjects and I would like to see some improvements at the end. Neither of you are getting out of this because its final," My dad gave me a look and I closed my mouth in defeat.

"It was either this or going to holiday classes so don't even try me. Come on it's not as bad as it seems. You are friends with Farkle so what is there to complain about?" My dad says picking his bag up. "I'll see you tonight Farkle," my dad walked out of the classroom leaving me and Farkle.

I turned to Farkle who was looking at me. "It's not a bad thing Riley, don't worry because I'll help you," Farkle smiled at me and I smiled back feeling a lot better.

"I guess we can have fun," I smiled mischievously and Farkle laughed shaking his head.

"What's life without you Riley?" Farkle teased and I flipped my hair behind my back and grabbed my bag and sashayed out of the classroom and Farkle followed laughing.

---

"What, Farkle is tutoring you?" Maya laughed when she heard the news. We were currently sitting in the school canteen because it was lunch.

"Yeah and it's not funny Maya, it's like my dad thinks I'm failing school," I mumbled poking the mash potato on my plate.

"It can't be that bad, it's only Farkle," Maya teased and I rolled my eyes. Speaking of Farkle, him and Lucas came in and sat opposite us.

I smiled at Lucas and he returned it and instantly my mood brightened.

"Hey Riley I thought we could start with the English assignment tonight," Farkle said looking up at me.

I nodded my head in enthusiasm, "this is not as bad as I think," I yelled punching the air with my hand and the rest laughed at me.

---

I was currently jamming along to Single Ladies by Beyoncé as I took my school books out.

"All the single ladies put your hands up," I sang swinging my hips as I picked my English book up.

"Well you hardly look like a single lady," I heard Farkle speak up and I turned around and saw him sitting at my bay window, his eyes twinkling in amusement.

I blushed, "how long have you been sitting there?" I questioned.

"Enough to hear your amazing voice," Farkle teased as I let out a laugh.

"Yeah I've got such a good voice don't I?" I posed and he shook his head.

"Yeah you do Riley, come on let's get started on that English assignment," he stood up and walked towards my bedroom door and I followed him.

We walked out of my bedroom and decided to sit on the dining table in the kitchen to begin our English assignment.

"Riley it's Juliet who drinks the sleeping potion to appear dead to her parents but Romeo doesn't know that so he kills himself then Juliet wakes up and find Romeo dead so she kills herself too," Farkle tells me exasperated for the 100th time but knowing me I couldn't get it through my head.

"Wait." I stood up from my chair. "So Juliet fakes her death and Romeo dies because of it and and then Juliet sees him and kills herself too?" I said slowly.

"Yeah that's basically it you could say," Farkle replied back writing a couple more sentences down as I walked away from the kitchen and into the living room.

"But that's awful why couldn't they be together peacefully?" I yell out angrily.

"That's because the two families hated each other Riley, remember?" Farkle responds back as he sighs standing up too.

I turned around still annoyed at the concept. "Couldn't they just run away and live happily ever after?" I questioned crossing my arms.

"That wouldn't work," Farkle says and I turn around quickly, jumping at how close he was standing in front of me.

"Why not?" I breath out feeling my cheeks flush because of how close we were standing.

This is Farkle I'm talking about. Why am I going red all of a sudden?

"Happy endings don't exist as its Shakespeare Riley," Farkle stares at me licking his lips and I shift uncomfortably under his gaze.

I nodded noticing that there was an awkward silence between us.

"Oh I love how close we are standing," Farkle smirks winking at me.

"Shut up Farkle," I took a step backwards, leaving some distance between us.

Farkle looked ahead then back at me. "So are we going to continue finishing the assignment or just stand here looking at each other?" Farkle smirks as I rolled my eyes smiling.

"We are going to finish the assignment Farkle, Maya's coming over so I've got things to do," I answered and Farkle smiled at me and I returned it.

We both walked back to our seats and sat down and continued writing out our assignment on bloody Shakespeare.

Somehow throughout it I found small things about Farkle I didn't notice before. How his nose wrinkled cutely at some of my errors in my writing, his eyebrows furrowed in concentration when he reads what I've put.

Occasionally he notices me staring but he smiles at me which I return back. Somehow I'm getting to know the actual Farkle behind all this and I couldn't wait to spend more time with him.

Maybe being tutored by Farkle wasn't such a bad idea after all.

-----

A/N: ahh this was such a simple but cute chapter to write! What do you guys think of the new cover I made? Do you prefer this one or the original one? Thank you so much for the positive feedback and votes on the first chapter, I wonder what's going to happen between them later on ;) don't forget to comment and vote. ily.