Becoming Beastly

The next thing he knew he was feeling pain, almost to the point that the pain was unbearable. The pain was changing him, his fingers on his hands and his toes on his feet and all that in between turning inside out, no more skin, only revealing bones and a skeletal body, covered by the clothing he already wore.

His eyes were sockets now, though still the color of his regular eyes, chocolaty brown. He still had his hair, same color, that was not changed but it was a bit changed by how shaggy it started to look.

After the pain had passed he looked up at the women who did this to him and he looked at what he had become.

He was horrified. More horrified than he had ever thought possible.

"Please!" Nico shouted as he started to run after the three strange women who began to leave but soon find out that it was hard to talk without a tounge and lips. The prince stumbled in front of them, barely able to move his legs without twisting them, and pleaded, begging for them to change him back, on his knees and folding his hands together.

"I'm begging you all, please don't do this to me, change me back! I'll do anything, what do you want? I have money, clothes, land, I have a whole castle! Tell me what you want and you all shall have what ever you wish to have. Please!" The prince begged and begged but the three would not give in.

Finally they just said: "We want a prophecy, a destiny, fulfilled. You have until the last petal falls." The yarn that the middle woman was holding turned back into the beautiful black rose they held earlier and it glowed in golden light, a suitable background if you ask me, and it was dropped to the ground, drops of rain falling onto the delicate petals.

The women left the young prince sobbing in despair. He knew he would never find whoever would love him for life. He certainly wasn't going to go looking because he thought the journey would be pointless. He had a lot of self doubt that only grew in the next few years.

Nico thought of himself as an ugly monster that no one could ever love.

Boy, was he wrong indeed.

I know this was short but I felt there wasn't too much I could say. Oh well, I hope you liked it.